Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RQ discussions.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 633634635636637 705>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by sparkle sparkle wrote:

..., I now understand GCMS includes the test result, and the call centre agents have the access to this database.  Did anyone successfully get your test result by calling CIC? 

Also, did anyone successfully find out whether or not your case will lead to a hearing by calling CIC?  How competent are the agents figuring out whether the hearing info is after your RQ package is reviewed or not?  Is it worth calling, or it is better to get the GCMS report yourself?   If you can get reliable information by calling, how soon after RQ submission should I call? 

Thanks!

Anyone?
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 5:34pm

..., I now understand GCMS includes the test result, and the call centre agents have the access to this database.  Did anyone successfully get your test result by calling CIC? 

Also, did anyone successfully find out whether or not your case will lead to a hearing by calling CIC?  How competent are the agents figuring out whether the hearing info is after your RQ package is reviewed or not?  Is it worth calling, or it is better to get the GCMS report yourself?   If you can get reliable information by calling, how soon after RQ submission should I call? 

Thanks!

Anyone?

They are not supposed to tell you the results of the test. Read the document linked in this post (here), it has a section with a call center agent speaking about test.
sparkle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparkle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2013 at 9:48pm
Originally posted by akella akella wrote:

Thanks!

Anyone?

They are not supposed to tell you the results of the test. Read the document linked in this post (here), it has a section with a call center agent speaking about test.

akella, thank you for the link. According to the information you will hear different script depending on the test result. So you will know indirectly. Thank you for this!
Are the agents required to look up the information for clients when asked with client ID and address?
One more question: do you know why they take so long to update client address (up to 3 weeks). Currently my postal code is wrong (my mistake) and hope to see it corrected asap, because i heard ecas status info is not always reliable.
manijani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manijani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 12:37am

Hi, i applied for ATIP two weeks back but nothing received yet.would somebody please advise usually how much time does they take inorder to process ATIP request. my office is St. Clair.

canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 9:29am
ATIP requests typically take 30 days, +/- 3-5 days.
chipmunk_montreal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chipmunk_montreal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 11:56am
Originally posted by canuck25 canuck25 wrote:

ATIP requests typically take 30 days, +/- 3-5 days.

Mine went out >2 months. It was due on May 6.

NOTHING comes out yet.

Edited by chipmunk_montreal - 05 Jun 2013 at 11:56am
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 12:56pm
That is strange. I would encourage you to email/call ATIP phone line - the number is listed on their site. And someone will get back to you. I had a 4 day delay and got a call back within 24 hours.
hope2017 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hope2017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2013 at 5:13pm
I applied for US border reports in August 2012 and got only an acknowledgement letter, no response with entries/exits. It might takes years to get this information. As far as I know you're only required to submit this document if you have travel documents to US. VISA is not considered a travel document. Canadian PR card does consider to be travel document to Canada for example. 
BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
anya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 12:32am
hope2017 or anyone else, correct me if I am wrong, so a Canadian PR traveling to US on a visit visa would not need to submit US border report?
I thought anyone who traveled had to submit that.
Thanks
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2013 at 1:11am
Originally posted by anya anya wrote:

hope2017 or anyone else, correct me if I am wrong, so a Canadian PR traveling to US on a visit visa would not need to submit US border report?
I thought anyone who traveled had to submit that.
Thanks

It depends on a personal situation, as for some applicants, e.g. with frequent crossings living near border CIC can explicitly ask to submit US CBP records, but for an average applicant with a visa waiver passport or a multiple entry multi-year visa with several trips to the US it may be nice to have.

US CBP records are usually quite full and accurate, plus on top of entry/exit report one can request I-94's, custom declaration forms and PNR's (records from ticket reservation systems) in the same request. If especially full and accurate, along with passport stamps and CBSA records, they can provide a neat reference for confirming absences and cross-checking strengthening travels declaration.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 633634635636637 705>
  Share Topic