Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RQ discussions.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 705>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote premaman3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Dec 2009 at 5:29pm
Lina ......we did the test through Kolbe group on Oct 15/08..some of them already got their Oath,last month,their file was transferred to mississauga on sept 22/09.
secman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote secman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 12:52am
Hi

If you didnt get the RQ in the Test day ,  do CIC update the case if they sent a letter for RQ?

and how long it should take to send RQ after the test if they want to send ?
Lina_Mississauga View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lina_Mississauga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 2:07am
secman yes, CIC updates your e-cas when they send you an RQ. My e-cas was always updated on the day of receiving CIC letters( Acknowledgment,test,RQ). They give you 30 day to return the RQ back with the supporting documents, and I returned it back within a week.
secman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote secman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 2:37am
thanks Lina

sorry but when usually they need time to send RQ
Lina_Mississauga View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lina_Mississauga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:19pm
SECMAN -If not before or on the test day, then within the 15 days follow the test day.
secman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote secman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 1:37pm
thanks lina
I know one case get the rq after 8 months and his case still showing the schedule for test
Strange system really
happytaz View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote happytaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 8:57pm
Hi,

I will go to the test without my old passport because it was kept by embassy. My current passport covers my trips starting Mid-January 2005 until now. Theoretically I'm missing around 15 days of the last 4 years.

I will let you know if I get an RQ because of this.

Good luck everyone !

canvis2006 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canvis2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2009 at 9:07pm
nah i don't think that alone warrants an RQ.
Just make sure you take everything with you......on test day.

RQ is only given when they have doubts. Try to get a fax number of local office if you can.
sputnikx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sputnikx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:02pm
It's probably because CIC doesn't believe you haven't left the country in 3 years, so they give you a RQ, just to be sure.

It's the same as with the border control - write on your declaration card that you didn't bring any goods to Canada  and I can guarantee you that you will have to open your luggage.
Edmonton View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Edmonton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2009 at 11:30pm
lina , they give RQ for funny resons,they wast for our time and thier time,as I see that all who get RQ get the citizenship but with delay of mininum 1 year.
any way according to the citizenship act there is no broplem with that list written on the first post in this thread,for example I applied on diffrent time of my family or my family is living abroad or what ever,I am the applicant not my family,I am here physicaly for 3 years so I am elegable to get the citizenship,somtimes CIC have some doubt that you was not physicaly here in Canada and that is why they give you RQ.
any way they wast thier money and time,we are not losing any thing even if you go to the fedral court they will pay for the lawer if you get the citizenship,and for you info by the court you may need only 730 days only not 1095 if you have good lawyer.
I wish they finish with my RQ within few days ,then the fedral court will grant me the citizenship in a mazimum of 2 months
Originally posted by Lina_Mississauga Lina_Mississauga wrote:

Ok let's start
applied July 2008
file transferred on the famous date of March 31 2009
test July 2009
RQ( with no absence at all) 13 days after the test.
assurances from the call center that niether judge interview is needed, nor further documents, everything is OK, and no oath at the moment! Moreover I should be patient! After almost 17 months I'm still patient.

Any similar dates with RQ would like to share?
Or any similar case, RQ with no absence? Please share...
Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 705>
  Share Topic