Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

RQ discussions.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 635636637638639 705>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 9:11pm
Originally posted by CeCe CeCe wrote:

I was thinking of submitting an ATIP request for RQ statistics. While looking through the CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/2013/january.asp), I noted that a similar request was not answered:

Request Number: A-2012-19111

Summary of Request: Records regarding processing of citizenship applications – the most recent Residence Questionnaire (RQ) inventory numbers, broken down by CIC local offices and/or total for department.

Disposition: Does not exist

It is strange that the government does not keep track of the past or current RQ inventory.

This was one of my requests. However, this particular one had a lot of sub-bullets (on website they only publish "summary" description, so their response might have been a technicality (i.e. if they don't produce a report of "RQs by office", then yes, "it does not exist" for ATIP purposes, although it can be generated from their databases)).

Quick edit: now that I think about timing, this might have been someone else's request... may be EasyRider's? Can't confirm, because I don't have my request tracker with me. But I got a do not exist reply before as well. And they lost my requests for CIT dashboard.

In any case, I got RQ inventory numbers from a different request (albeit, not by office). Check this post - http://immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12931&PID=203061&title=cpcs-and-local-office-rq-stats-221-updated#203061

Edited by akella - 17 Jun 2013 at 9:19pm
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by akella akella wrote:

Originally posted by CeCe CeCe wrote:

I was thinking of submitting an ATIP request for RQ statistics. While looking through the CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/2013/january.asp), I noted that a similar request was not answered:

Request Number: A-2012-19111

Summary of Request: Records regarding processing of citizenship applications – the most recent Residence Questionnaire (RQ) inventory numbers, broken down by CIC local offices and/or total for department.

Disposition: Does not exist

It is strange that the government does not keep track of the past or current RQ inventory.

This was one of my requests. However, this particular one had a lot of sub-bullets (on website they only publish "summary" description, so their response might have been a technicality (i.e. if they don't produce a report of "RQs by office", then yes, "it does not exist" for ATIP purposes, although it can be generated from their databases)).

In any case, I got RQ inventory numbers from a different request (albeit, not by office). Check this post - http://immigration.ca/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=12931&PID=203061&title=cpcs-and-local-office-rq-stats-221-updated#203061

That was actually my request, exactly how I formulated it )). I wonder how you did formulate your request to get that info. So, even if they have numbers, but format doesn't match one in their system, they just dismiss it. How one is supposed to figure out what the format is?
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 9:27pm
And yes, it was surprising CIC quoted some some timeline for RQ applicants, but didn't have RQ inventory numbers? The whole ATIP thing is a bit of a joke.
akella View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2013 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by EasyRider EasyRider wrote:

That was actually my request, exactly how I formulated it )). I wonder how you did formulate your request to get that info. So, even if they have numbers, but format doesn't match one in their system, they just dismiss it. How one is supposed to figure out what the format is?

Yeah, I figured this out after I posted my initial reply. RQ numbers were a byproduct of requesting a few emails from a stats mailbox (in other words, this was a nice surprise).

On the format thing - I think it still makes sense / reasonable. ATIP people can't produce custom reports for you, they can only pull existing ones (and only the ones they can find - either themselves or via consultation with appropriate parties).  So if a certain report is not generated / circulated internally, they won't be able to give it to you. The system may allow to produce such reports, but this will be a non-ATI matter (because this would equal to creating a new record, not accessing existing ones).

There is a venue for requesting such reports which I am currently trying to use - you write to statistics-statistiques@ and request a quote (supposedly, they calculate the cost of time required to fulfill your request, you cover it and get your thing)... but it is 2+ months already that they cannot respond to my email and follow up, so obviously it is not working very well.

Ibrahim76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ibrahim76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 12:03am
Citizenship application process blamed for growing wait list

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/04/22/immigration-citizenship-backlog.html
CeCe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CeCe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2013 at 6:28pm
Originally posted by akella akella wrote:

Thank you for digging up the information! I don't know how I missed this earlier....

22% of applications processed during the period from May 6, 2012 to April 27, 2013 received RQs.
11,114 RQs in 2012 versus 3,768 RQs in 2011. The first four months of 2013 have already exceeded the entire volume of RQs issued in 2011.

How is it logistically possible to process all of them if they haven't increased the CIC's headcount? It will be impossible for citizenship judges to review all of them. The files that people submit are large, and it likely takes the judge 3 to 4 hours of prep time for each case. Multiply that by 11K, or so, cases (and that is just the 2012 RQs alone).... The department recently received a $44 million budget increase, so hopefully most of it will go towards hiring new officers to process the applications. However, hiring and training new officers will take time.

The CIC will probably come up with a new policy that will reduce the inventory -- similar to how they decided to change the rules and allow applicants who had failed the citizenship test to re-take it.

From those statistics, 18% of the RQs were issued by "CPC-S", which I presume means pre-test RQs issued by Sydney, and 4% are flagged at the local office (post-test RQs)...

Edited by CeCe - 18 Jun 2013 at 6:44pm
tosty6579 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tosty6579 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:05am
Hi everyone
I got the RQ before test.
I would like to know what to do next. there are many pages in this thread and many more on the internet but....is there a cheatsheet document regarding what to do once you get the RQ ?

I do not understand or I am confused about requesting information .which one should I select to get my own information....Right to information act or Privacy act.

Which departments/ agencies....CBSA/cic/usa border services/health deptt

Please guide...I am really confused and trying to get information about what to do next....I think one of you should make one page cheat sheet....will be helpful for many....or if there is already one...please provide the link....Thanks a lot.
123smike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 123smike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 12:53am
what is your timeline and which location , thanks
EasyRider View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EasyRider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 1:02am
Originally posted by tosty6579 tosty6579 wrote:

Hi everyone
I would like to know what to do next. there are many pages in this thread and many more on the internet but....is there a cheatsheet document regarding what to do once you get the RQ ?

I do not understand or I am confused about requesting information .which one should I select to get my own information....Right to information act or Privacy act.

Please guide...I am really confused and trying to get information about what to do next....I think one of you should make one page cheat sheet....will be helpful for many....or if there is already one...please provide the link....Thanks a lot.

There are no sticky threads on common issues here I'm not a moderator to make one, but here's the docs needed in the most common scenarios:

1. Color copies of all you passports pages-- at least covering relevant 4 year period + the current one, even if it was renewed after application, with stamp translations (I wouldn't bother to translate simple self-describing stamps), plus the table with references to the stamps in the passport pages with dates on stamps, country and entry/exit direction is good to have.

2. CBSA-- there's a consent in RQ form, so you don't need to provide one to CIC, however you may want to request it for yourself for verification. It may take 30 days or more to get report. Plus you may need to specify you need highway passage report, which is for car crossings, based on car license plates. See this and this.

3. US CBP-- not generally required, but won't hurt, if you're frequent traveler to the US and have US visas. You can request it electronically here. See how to formulate request here. The problem with this report is that CBP is currently backlogged, so it may take several months to receive it.

4. Copies of your travel tickets, boarding passes, reservations and itineraries.

5. T4, T4A, T5 and similar forms plus notices of assessment (NOA's).

6. Rental agreements, rental receipts or cheques, or mortgage documents.

7. School records-- attendance letter with dates attended, courses and hours, attendance tables and transcripts.

8. Letters of employments and records of employment (ROE's), if available.

9.  Medical history (check out eileen's site, below).

10. Driving records, vehicle registration info and auto insurance records-- from your provincial licensing/insurance company.

11. May be much more-- if you have your own business in Canada, children activities etc.-- see sections in RQ form.

12. I would also submit credit card or bank statements showing account activities, with indication of who is primary holder.

Though there are examples of documents to provide in RQ form, the list is not exhaustive. You have to demonstrate you have had presence and activities in Canada during the period and it depends on your situation.

Also check out eileen's site: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/

All requests to govt agencies are done under Privacy Act, so you don't need to pay. Information Act is for releasing government records not directly related to you.
tosty6579 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tosty6579 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2013 at 9:30am
Originally posted by EasyRider EasyRider wrote:

Originally posted by tosty6579 tosty6579 wrote:

Hi everyone

There are no sticky threads on common issues here I'm not a moderator to make one, but here's the docs needed in the most common scenarios:1. Color copies of all you passports pages-- at least covering relevant 4 year period + the current one, even if it was renewed after application, with stamp translations (I wouldn't bother to translate simple self-describing stamps), plus the table with references to the stamps in the passport pages with dates on stamps, country and entry/exit direction is good to have.2. CBSA-- there's a consent in RQ form, so you don't need to provide one to CIC, however you may want to request it for yourself for verification. It may take 30 days or more to get report. Plus you may need to specify you need highway passage report, which is for car crossings, based on car license plates. See this and this.3. US CBP-- not generally required, but won't hurt, if you're frequent traveler to the US and have US visas. You can request it electronically here. See how to formulate request here. The problem with this report is that CBP is currently backlogged, so it may take several months to receive it.4. Copies of your travel tickets, boarding passes, reservations and itineraries.5. T4, T4A, T5 and similar forms plus notices of assessment (NOA's).6. Rental agreements, rental receipts or cheques, or mortgage documents.7. School records-- attendance letter with dates attended, courses and hours, attendance tables and transcripts.8. Letters of employments and records of employment (ROE's), if available.9.  Medical history (check out eileen's site, below).10. Driving records, vehicle registration info and auto insurance records-- from your provincial licensing/insurance company.11. May be much more-- if you have your own business in Canada, children activities etc.-- see sections in RQ form.12. I would also submit credit card or bank statements showing account activities, with indication of who is primary holder.Though there are examples of documents to provide in RQ form, the list is not exhaustive. You have to demonstrate you have had presence and activities in Canada during the period and it depends on your situation.Also check out eileen's site: http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/All requests to govt agencies are done under Privacy Act, so you don't need to pay. Information Act is for releasing government records not directly related to you.

Thank you very much for detailed information. I am going to request my own information from CBSA under privacy act. I have many travels out of Canada but they were outside 4 years period, do I need to provide the details and documents from the time I became PR or just last 4 years in the application?

If any other member would like to add to the list of documents and things to do once you get an RQ, please do so.....I will combine all information, make a cheat sheet and provide you the link...will be of much help to newly stressed people, the ones who get RQ.
I think I got RQ as I wrote in my application that I was sick during my absence from Canada.
Thanks a lot.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 635636637638639 705>
  Share Topic