Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Quality Assurance Interview

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote meeqwash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Quality Assurance Interview
    Posted: 20 Feb 2015 at 5:59pm
My PR-renewal application was picked out for the Quality Assurance Program after I had to apply for reissuing a new card because of a mistake CIC made, they printed the wrong eye color on my new card (blue instead of brown). CIC Sydney sent my new corrected card to an CIC office in Toronto and asked me to come there for an interview. I live about 2000 kms away from Toronto. It will cost me about $2000 (air fares + hotel + wage loss) to attend this interview. The CIC office closest to me is about 450 kms away but is in a different province, not the province where I live. I could easily drive there but they told me they might not be able to transfer my file there because it is a different province. I live in Red Lake Ontario, which is much much closer to Winnipeg, Manitoba than to Toronto, Ontario. I feel very discriminated. I cannot afford the time and money right now to travel to Toronto for this interview. Any thoughts on that how I could get my card transfered to Winnipeg? Moving to Manitoba just for that reason is not really an option. Very frustrating situation.
Meeqwash
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic