Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASKING FOR ADDITIONAL PROOFS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASKING FOR ADDITIONAL PROOFS
    Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 10:48pm
I have received an email asking me to send them proofs such as emails and pictures after the wedding. the problem is we only have two pictures together before our marriage. we have lots of pictures on our wedding day but after that, we don't have any picture because he went back to canada. with regards to the email, we dont have much also because we use Yahoo Messenger and Skype and we seldom use yahoomail. do you think it will be a problem if we're not going to send them more proofs?
comments pls....
scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 11:09pm
In Skype, you can view call history. You should provide a print out of this information if possible. I'm not sure how long this history is stored - however I would print out what you have.

I believe you can also somehow extract historical Yahoo Messenger conversations. It would be a very good idea to do this as well since they are asking for more proof. I don't use Yahoo Messenger and am not sure how to do this. However hopefully someone else can help. You could also search for instructions on the internet.
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 11:10pm
You can print off your Skype list up to 6 months after the date. On top of that, send in the pictures of the wedding, explain why there is nothing after that as he was back in Canada.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
victoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 11:17pm
we already sent them the pictures of our wedding but they want pictures taken not on our wedding day but before or after. i have made a letter explaining why we don't have pictures. will it be helpful?..
victoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 11:19pm
the preference in my yahoo messenger is save all the messages but clear them each time i signed out and i have changed the setting just recently. i'm hopeless.. ;(
dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 1:59am
Hopefully you can dig up some additional material corroborating contact and communication. Since they asked for this, I would assume it is important to give them something. Even if all you can do is send other types of materials, I would respond with as much as you can. If you can submit letters from friends and family with whom you have discussed the contacts you have had, letters in which they confirm that you are having regular contact and talking about your relationship with friends and family . . . and from both sides if possible.

I don't know how this will go. It may depend on what country you are from, your background, in conjunction with the overall story of how you two met, how and why the relationship evolved, along with as much proof as you can come up with to corroborate the various stages of your relationship.

If you have had multiple physical contacts over a period of time, ignore the next paragraph, and just do your best to document the contacts and particularly ongoing contact.

I get the impression, however, this may be a only-physically-met-once-briefly before getting married case, and just one physical meeting overall, and if so, you might want to do what you can to gather documentation of all contact from here on out in anticipation of an interview and one more chance to bring in physical documentation to support your case, or if necessary, down the road even further, to accumulate as much additional proof of contact in anticipation of an appeal. And, actually, if there has been only one occasion of being together physically (unless it was for a fairly extended period of time, several weeks or more say), your sponsor might want to seriously consider making another trip before there is an interview; physical contact is very strong evidence, and the absence of physical contact weakens a case -- recognizing, however, there are all sorts of circumstances in which CIC will be sensitive to situations in which physical contact is very difficult to accomplish.

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
peachy871 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peachy871 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 3:30am
Just a thought, victoria...a thought that had eluded me at first because I was in such a state when putting our application package together...

I had been going through files and files of photos, trying to make sure I could find plenty of my partner and I together over the years we had been together. I wasn't thinking about other people at all. Although I was able to scrape together a good stack of photos, I later realized I could have asked some of my friends for their photos. If there is any chance at all that you two were at any get-togethers, parties, dinners, whatever, where someone else took some photos, get in contact with them. That could help with additional photos, at least. Of course you have probably asked around already, but just thought I would mention it in the off-chance that you were as stressed out as I was and not thinking clearly.
Peachy
pamper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pamper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 9:06am

just to share my exp;

we too have only two pictures before. we only have like 10 or less pics during wedding ceremony: (civil). but i sent them all. good thing is, i have saved all my emails from when we started, even our first receipt together. but i explained that, because back home, cameras that time are expensive, and we dont have our own. (but now, i have a dslr,digital :)), almost like 5 cameras)....lol...

you may send too pictures of you with your spouse' family, friends, and relatives:...

hope this helps. 

SCsquare View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SCsquare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 2:45pm
it might be a good idea to send your pics taken with his family members, if not with him, before or after the wedding... that would proove that u were in contact with his family even after he left for canada..
App Sent cpc-m - 28th Aug 09
Sponsorship App - 17th Nov 09
AOR from buffalo - 14th Dec 09
Interview Scheduled - 21st Jul 10
Passport requested , aprroved n passport received - 21st July 2010
Bambo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bambo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2010 at 5:41pm
We too had two pictures before we got married and lots of picture for the wedding...I also had tons of pictures of us visiting each other. I choose quite a few pictures to send especially one that have friends and family members in them. We had several email and a whole lots of chats record and phone records to show. We have already done the interview process and the reason for that was to prove if we are still in contact. A week after the interview we received a letter to redo medical. My advice is send them what you have, if you have more proof that you are still in contact I think you will be fine. Good Luck
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic