Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fingerprinting Form Details...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fingerprinting Form Details...
    Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 6:21am
Hello again, everyone!

Ah, just a quick question. After going to get my fingerprinting done, the lady doing the actual fingerprinting was in a bit of a rush and left a couple of the fields blank so I could do them on my own (like height and SSN, etc). I'm looking at the field in which to write "Residence of Person Fingerprinted"...

Now, I'm in CA on a 6 month Visitor Visa. Do I write the address where I'm living with my husband here? The only other address outside of this that I could list is my mother's place in Wisconsin but I haven't been there in years. Which should I put?

Also, if I have no job at the moment, do I just leave the employer's area blank or do I write "none"?

Thanks in advance!

-RM
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 1:30pm
For the fingerprints, I'd just list the Canadian one. It shouldn't matter to the FBI where you're residing when you request the check. Though you CANNOT use that address for the application in canada since you are not residing in Canada, I'm sure you know.

I would just write none or unemployed, easiest way to get that done and move along and get the prints in the mail.
Woosh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Woosh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2010 at 3:08pm
Thank you! :D
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 3:06pm
About the employer space of the FBI thing, will it be bad if the RCMP put their address and name there?

I hope this doesn't mess up for my FBI request or slow it down. Ermm
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
audball View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote audball Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 3:43pm
I don't really think it matters to the FBi, honestly. They have all of YOUR information on a separate sheet and just need the prints to verify identity/check for a record.
ColorMePanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ColorMePanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2010 at 10:03pm
Okay, phew. I hope it doesn't matter. I think they assumed that since the person that takes your fingerprints has to sign it that they thought afterwards they were asking for their employer.

I just know that some things can be processed slower if they think you are in the police or a government service so I hope they don't assume I am or that I was lying about something.
INLAND!
Total time for PR: 10 Months and 16 Days
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic