Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Study Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Student visa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2010 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by tanushree.tiku tanushree.tiku wrote:

u dont need a student visa for a course less than 6 months

Yup if your course is less than 6 months you don't need a student permit but you still need a visa to enter Canada, if you are not from a country whose citizens don't need visa to enter Canada. But if the course is more than 6 months you would have to apply for a student permit.

Edited by job_seeker - 04 Mar 2010 at 1:19pm
ak52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ak52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2011 at 12:21pm
Hi,
If anybody from Pakistan interested in Getting into top ranked universities in Canada. like McGill , Waterloo , Toronto, SImon Fraser, Concordia or any on your mind. We can provide consultancy with one to one with persons already admitted to the programs. It covers Program Selection/Admission consultancy, Test preparation GRE/TOEFL consultancy, Application filling to universities & Visa processing consultancy.
Please visit https://sites.google.com/site/pakistantocanada/

Regards & Thanks
zanelawson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zanelawson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 4:10am
Originally posted by job_seeker job_seeker wrote:

Originally posted by bukhari bukhari wrote:

If I wish to study in a short-term course or program in Canada...do I need visa?I'm Resident of PAKISTAN

You need a TRV to be able to enter Canada, either a visitor visa if the course you want to take is 6 months or less, or a student visa.

I agree to this explanation. You don't need to apply for a Study Permit if you are planning to take a short term course Canada within 6 months or less. But you must complete the course within the period authorised for your stay in Canada.
Bizlibati View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bizlibati Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 7:35am
Can you anyone provide me details information about the student facility, accommodation and expenses of study?

Edited by Bizlibati - 20 Dec 2011 at 1:43am
Answer of the question What is LNG and the explanation why the LNG market exists
francis5k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote francis5k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2012 at 8:36pm
In order to qualify for a study permit, you must show the officer that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations and that you will be in Canada for a temporary stay only.
pranay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pranay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by bukhari

If I wish to study in a short-term course or program in Canada...do I need visa?I'm Resident of PAKISTAN

You don't need a study visa for any short term course which is less than 6 months but if you wish to extend your study or want to work in future, you should apply for study visa.

Edited by pranay - 22 Aug 2012 at 6:02pm
Pranay
pranay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pranay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 6:12pm
Posted by Bizlibati

"Can you anyone provide me details information about the student facility, accommodation and expenses of study?
"

This depends upon the type of the course, duration and where it is taken.
Pranay
Sunnyvale View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunnyvale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 2:47pm
Have just landed in Canada! I had serious issues with SP and visa. I was helped by interstudent.ca team. Professional and related to MY issues. Was met at an airport and helped with accommodation. They even can help with official work after graduation- this one I did not have a chance to check yet.

scylla View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scylla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2013 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Sunnyvale Sunnyvale wrote:

Have just landed in Canada! I had serious issues with SP and visa. I was helped by interstudent.ca team. Professional and related to MY issues. Was met at an airport and helped with accommodation. They even can help with official work after graduation- this one I did not have a chance to check yet.

The above is a fake review posted by someone who obviously works for the web site they are promoting. Don't believe a word of it. If a company has to post fake reviews to get business - they're probably not very good at what they do.

Edited by scylla - 31 Jan 2013 at 8:06pm
Outland Spousal (Buffalo):
App recd: 05/28/2010
Sponsor approved: 06/28/2010
Processing started: 08/19/2010
Passport request: 10/01/2010
Landed: 10/05/2010
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic