Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Applicants applying from Sydney, Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34353637>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2011 at 5:55am
I am wondering to know where the other applicants are for 2007. So many people applied in 2007 but only few are here in this forum.
ELfromOZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELfromOZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2011 at 7:20am
I've read from the other forum from the MI-1 group that most of them just received communication from CHC Sydney asking for updated documents.

Here's the link

After a few email updates to Sydney CHC, they have no acknowledged my request for change of address.  The email response and confirmation only took 2 days turnaround which compared from the past was really super fast.

I guess things are really happening behind the scene now and hope that 2012 would be a better year for us who applied through CHC Sydney.

Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2011 at 11:53pm
I also hope 2012 will bring good news for us, 2007 applicants. By the any of 2007 applicants got any news from CHC Sydney.
ELfromOZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELfromOZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2011 at 7:22am
Hi Sarangv,

Have you tried contacting CHC Sydney?  If yes, what's the reply?

Cheers,
ElfromOZ
sarangv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarangv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 7:15am
Hi,

I got this reply pasted below from immigration office:

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your inquiry regarding the processing timeline of your Federal Skilled Worker application.

Changes to immigration law in 2008 allow Citizenship and Immigration (CIC) to set, through ministerial instructions, the number and type of applications considered for processing each year, and the order in which these applications will be processed.  You may have been sent several letters since the 2008 implementation of the Ministerial Instructions to keep you up to date with the changes and why your application is in the inventory of cases waiting to be processed.

We have received enough federal skilled worker applications since February 27, 2008 to reach our immigration levels for the next two years. Because they reflect Canada's current labour market needs, applications under the most recent set of ministerial instructions are processed on a priority basis. Therefore, few federal skilled worker applications received before February 27, 2008 will be processed this year or next.

The exception is the small number of cases where federal skilled worker applicants have received instructions on their medical examinations. These applicants should receive a final decision within 12 months of completing their medical examination.

The Action Plan for Faster Immigration has helped reduce application backlogs and wait times. Before the Action Plan was introduced, Canada had a backlog of over 640,000 people in the federal skilled worker category waiting as long as six years to be processed. In just three years, we've been able to get more than 300,000 people out of the line-up - that's close to half those who were waiting.

The length of time it takes to finalize an application varies from one visa office to another since visa offices face different challenges operating in different countries, regions and even in different offices within the same region. Factors which can influence why processing may take longer from one visa office to another include the number of applications received, particularly if there is an existing inventory which has to be processed; resources in a given office; a higher need for medical and security screening; poor to no communication via phone or mail, the safety and security of staff, as well as emergency situations or crises that affect workload and priorities.

We cannot provide you with a date for processing the application at our office.  Once your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted by this office in writing. There is no need for you to email this office for further updates, unless you are providing us with a change of address or change to your family circumstances.  

It is important to note that if you submitted your application before 27 February 2008 and you meet the Ministerial Instructions, you may choose to (1) withdraw your original application with a full refund (conditions apply) and (2) reapplying under the new criteria.  Withdrawing your application is as simple as sending a signed withdrawal letter (sent by regular mail only) or a fax with your complete name, date of birth, file reference number and a signature requesting the withdrawal.  You may be eligible for a full refund if the processing of your application has not yet started.

To submit your application under the new criteria, visit this website:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/tool/index.asp.  We ask you not to write or ask us to assess whether you qualify for the new criteria, you must do this yourself.

Frequently Asked Questions about Skilled Worker applications can be found at:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/immigrate/skilled/index.asp

Trusting this information is of some assistance to you,

Good day,

Thank you for your email.

Regards,

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
[email protected] Telephone | Téléphone: +61 2 93643050Facsimile | Télécopieur: +61 2 93643099Level 5, 111 Harrington Street / 5e étage, 111 rue HarringtonSydney NSW 2000
Australia | Australie
Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2011 at 10:51pm
This is a general reply. I don't know why Sydney, Australia always gives this reply to any inquiry sent by pre February 2007 applicants. This year they have processed only 67 cases from pre-February 2007 applications and the over all visa quota for Sydney was 705. I am hoping they will increase visa quota for Sydney in 2012 as 10, 000 visas from family class are allocated to skilled worker class. So many people applied in 2007, about 833 applications of them only few of us are on this forum. I am wondering where are the other guys. From 833 cases of 2007 they have processed only 357 cases till 30 June, 2011. 
Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan 2012 at 5:08am
Happy new year
Wishing you all the best.
GoCanada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoCanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 1:05am
Happy New Year and
All the best wishes
Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2012 at 2:37am
Hi sarangv,
This is really strange that you have applied in February 2007 and have not got your visa yet. As per the statistics of CIC, Sydney Australia should have finished Quarter 1 of 2007 (January to March, 2007) and should start Quarter 2 (April to June, 2007), although they are not processing pre February 2008 applications since June, 2011. I hope they will start processing pre-Feb 2008 applications early in 2012.
sarangv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarangv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2012 at 10:30am
Yes you are right Alan I should have had my Visa by now... Is there anyone else on this forum who applied in Feb 2007 or later and have received their Visa already?

If so please do let me know so I can take it up with the Visa Office. 

Thanks

SarangV
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34353637>
  Share Topic