Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Skilled Worker / Independent Immigration
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Applicants applying from Sydney, Australia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 37>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 6:41pm
Hello!

Been a while.... Wondered why the old Sydney thread went dead.... Anyway after 3 years and 10 days to the day of AOR, hv finally received request for passports via email. Hv sent off passports for visa stamping. Expect to be in Toronto end of Jan. For those who applied under SAP 2007, keep the faith and continue to believe!

Sailing AOR 5 Dec 2006
engin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote engin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 12:56pm
Hi - I too found this forum. I became a PR on Dec 18. They required me to get CSQ because I was landing in Quebec, so I had to get that at the last minute.   
ozzieboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozzieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2009 at 4:36am

Hello,

I and my son received our PR cards on Friday, except for my wife. It took 26 days to get them.
garewal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garewal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2009 at 5:47am
hi guys,
i just received my ppr on 22 dec 2009.

GAREWAL
AuzzieGuy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AuzzieGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2009 at 9:48pm
Hi all,

Just for info purposes, I'm a June 2007 applicant still waiting for the request for further info.
the big burp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the big burp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2009 at 8:42pm
hi guys

just want to let u know we successfully landed in montreal without any probs with our canadian pr (without csq). we arrived and waited 2 hrs in line to be served as more than 30 ppl were in front of us then the process was quick. just asked if me and my hubby are still married, asked for list of goods to follow and how much money we have in total both in and outside canada (nothing about how much we have now). we were given a brochure on the SIN card and asked if we had any questions and were free to go. we gave an address in ON for our PR cards.

the day after landing we applied for SIN and received the number on the spot. also set up a canadian bank account with no problem just showing COPR, pport and sin number. still awaiting pr and sin cards, but just been here a week and we were told pr cards would take 4-6 weeks to come and sin cards upto 10 days.

went to montreal, ottawa, toronto, hamilton and love canada. the people are just so nice here and we love th atmosphere its great.

if anyone has any qns just let me know

congrats on getting pr cards ozzieboy and congrats on ppr sailing!

merry xmas and happy new yr to all
Keshab View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keshab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2009 at 11:23am

benlav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benlav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 2:06am
congrats burp on the success!

FYI for everyone else, I applied for the skilled residency November 2007, still awaiting them to contact us for more info (no rush though eh!).

I have one question that I haven't been able to find the answer to without emailing the syd office. Assuming my family and I are accepted, is there a time frame of which we must arrive into canada?

For example, say on Jan 15th 2011 I am accepted, do I need to arrive by say Jan 15th 2012 to avoid losing my application???

Any help or direction to an appropriate website would be awesome.

Cheers, good luck all.

Also - Timber... We all have different reasons why we want to move to Canada, this isn't really the appropriate place to discuss that, but I can tell you that you'll find various of reasons. I for one studied at the University of British Columbia for an exchange year with my University in New Zealand, I loved it so much I wanted to move back. That simple really.
ozzieboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ozzieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 4:01am
hi benlav,

you will be given 1 year exactly from the date of your medicals (done) to enter into Canada (given the other stuff i.e., police clearance, finances and ets are all ok). With Australia it is different, you will be given 6 months from the day of PR stamping. Hope this helps.

Congrats bigburp. The immigration guy also told us it will take 30 to 45 days, but luckly we got it a bit earlier. Hopefully you will have your soon. You should receive SIN cards within a week, eventhough they give themself 2 weeks. 
can2k9 View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote can2k9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan 2010 at 6:32am
any idea why CIC took so many months for PPR. my cousinis a new delhi applicant worked in middle east 20 years back only for 4 years still waiting for PPR after medicals in sept.2009.
Ki gul ho sakdi hai garewal sahib, he is passing through stress.
i know he dont belong to this thread but keep on seaching for the members who are waiting for PPR.

Originally posted by garewal garewal wrote:

hi guys,
i just received my ppr on 22 dec 2009.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 37>
  Share Topic