Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Preserving Permanent Residence Status
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Passport Renewal Outside Canada

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mstyle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Passport Renewal Outside Canada
    Posted: 16 Nov 2014 at 7:56am
Hi all :-)
I am wondering if it is accepted and legal to send my passport to my home country for renewal while I am in Canada either by mail service (DHL, FedEx ...etc) or with a friend/relative. This is because I am Syrian. Unfortunately, the Syrian embassy and consulates in Canada are closed since significant period of time and not accepting any applications. That's why I am unable to renew my passport in Canada.

I am seeking a clear strong answer since I am really planning to send my passport for renewal on urgent basis.

"IS IT ACCEPTED & ALLOWED BY LAW TO SEND THE PASSPORT FOR RENEWAL OUTSIDE CANADA TO MY HOME COUNTRY OR TO ANOTHER FUNCTIONAL EMBASSY IN A MIDDLEEASTERN COUNTRY?"

p.s., sending passports through mail service (DHL, FEDEX, ARAMEX ....etc) between most of the Arabian countries in the middleeast is allowed and legal. However, I am not sure here in Canada case if is legally accepted and allowed too to send passports abroad.

Guys, I will be waiting for your valued input on this matter ASAP and many thanks for your time and consideration.

BR,
Mhd.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic