Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H&C PR application
    Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 8:12pm
We did send a H&C ( humanitarion and compassionate) PR application in November 2007 to Vegreville,  file transferred to CPC-Missisauga in January 2008 and since then we haven't hear anything from CIC at all !

Is it usual ? And my spouse information shows in the e-cas but mine doesn't show at all.

Afi
RobsLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RobsLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 9:16pm
Not sure I understand.  You mention your spouse's eCAS - was this an application filed for PR for the spouse of a Canadian?  If so, if you applied via an H&C ap, why???  You'll have to provide more info before we can help with any info/advice.

Edited by RobsLuv - 29 Mar 2010 at 9:17pm
3/2007-applied
1/2008-Refused
12/2008-ADR failed
1/2010-Appeal allowed
4/2010-In Process(Again)
5/2010-request FBI/meds
8/2010-FBI recd
11/30/10-APPROVED!
1/31/11-LANDED!
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 11:34am
My spouse and I have been here for 16 years... Our refugee claim was denied and we applied for the H & C with her as the principal applicant. We are from a country that is the moratorium, meaninng that the canadian Government doesn't send people back to my country as long as there is civil unrest over there.

When I check the status of the application online ,using my client ID number or receipt #, nothing comes up.
But when I check it using my spouse's client ID #, then I see the message saying that the file has been transferred to the local CPC in Mississauga IN January 2008 and since then, nothing more !

Regards,

Afi
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 12:21pm
It may be because as sponsor, although an applicant applys, it is the sponsors file, hence why you only see information on your spouse's file.

In regards the file transfure to ON, you could ring them, but what is happening with the status of the application is anyones guess.
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 12:35pm

Very difficult to sit in this kind of limbo, I tell you !

redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 12:36pm
I have no doubt
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 3:08pm
I agree with Redegal, I would call the CPC in Mississauga, I have heard some cases can take years, however to sit in limbo like this for 2 years already is not an ideal or comfortable situation, I would remind them that your case still exists, may be a simple explanation as to why you are waiting for so long!

I hope you get an answer soon Smile
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 3:11pm
I called them several times...  Actually I called the Call Center because I don't have the CPC-Mississauga phone #

The agents that I spoke with all are basically saying " You are already in Canada, just sit and wait " !!!

Afi
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by afimiko afimiko wrote:

I called them several times...  Actually I called the Call Center because I don't have the CPC-Mississauga phone #

The agents that I spoke with all are basically saying " You are already in Canada, just sit and wait " !!!

Afi

Thats alright for them to say! They have the 'security' and piece of mind that they have the right to work and live in Canada on a permanent basis without the risk of being removed when CIC feels like it!! That just makes me mad!!
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 1:36am
If there is anybody else out there with an H& C case that is waiting to hear back from CIC ; I would like to hear it too...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 570>
  Share Topic