Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 563564565566567 570>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by Cammy86 Cammy86 wrote:

Couple weeks ago. They told me background still being processed and my file is still in Toronto.

Cammy have you tried getting your MP involved? we did that around the 32 month mark and the MPs have a special hotline to follow up. we saw in our CAIPS notes that things moved considerably after the MP followed up
Cammy86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammy86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 9:38am
Yes, I do have a MP office following up. They say background is processing. I guess nothing else will be done until after that's done processing.
baby g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 2:08pm
CAMMY86 that means when background is finished you will get Aip and then you will get second stage done faster, your application is in good position i wouldn't worry too much unless you have a record, and I sure you don't... if they was going to refuse it, it wouldn't gone so far....every day I checked to see if you and Airamv got approved.
Cammy86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammy86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 10:44pm
Thanks babyg, I don't have a record at all.

Edited by Cammy86 - 23 Mar 2021 at 9:57am
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 9:40am
Originally posted by Cammy86 Cammy86 wrote:

Yes, I do have a MP office following up. They say background is processing. I guess nothing else will be done until after that's done processing.

cool - follow up with the MP office again. they are usually very helpful. our MP office is very good. they are the ones following up with us to see if there is progress. if not, they will voluntarily follow up with IRCC. we can see in CAIPS notes how many times our MP office called IRCC. MP office has a special line to IRCC and it is noted in CAIPS notes. after the MP office follow ups, processing went really fast
Cammy86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammy86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2021 at 3:51pm
Ok, thanks.
Megabates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megabates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2021 at 1:44am
Hello guys. :)

How are you? :)

Megabates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megabates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 1:32am
Hm, no one here? :)

I have a question for you. From cic.gc.ca website:

You may also be eligible for an open work permit if you’ve been included on an application for permanent residence on humanitarian and compassionate grounds and the application has been approved in principle.

So, I applied for H&C one year ago. I didn't know that we can apply for Open Work permit. Since I am out of status here, I am wondering can anyone knows the process for open work permit while we are waiting PR through H&C program, and while we are out of status in Canada? :D I mean, shoult I fist apply for restore status and than for open work permit or I should apply for open work permit (eventhough I am out of status)? Hope so you understand me. :D

Any similar experience with this?

Edited by Megabates - 09 Apr 2021 at 1:37am
baby g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2021 at 10:38am
My understanding is that any one on your application once approved they can apply for work permit also, have you been approved??
Megabates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megabates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2021 at 2:58am
I will apply these days for open work permit. Should i apply for my wife as well or it is better to apply after? In that case, I have to apply for restore status for her (and for my 7 yrs old son), but I am not sure what should i put in application - visitor status, I guess?

Edited by Megabates - 12 Apr 2021 at 2:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 563564565566567 570>
  Share Topic