Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 523524525526527 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amansahib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 10:54am
Ok

Edited by amansahib - 03 Jul 2020 at 8:10pm
Godblessus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godblessus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 4:56am
Hi amansahib you said that you applied in october 2018 for your mother's H and C application

May I know that did you apply for or got visitor visa extension after you applied for h and c in october 2018 ?

Thanks
amansahib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amansahib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 5:14am
1 year

Edited by amansahib - 03 Jul 2020 at 8:10pm
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 3:39pm
Amansahib, if her visa has not expired yet, she cannot have a removal order.
She might get removal order if she overstays her visa and becomes out of status.
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 3:44pm
Amansahib, you still have a lot of time to put a new application. Because even if you get removal order, they will offer you PRRA (likely), giving you 6-12 months.
Try to get gcms and see why it was refused.
Ex.if it says insufficient ties to Canada, gather more evidence on ties.
Get a lawyer specializing in these cases like HC and PRRA.
amansahib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amansahib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jul 2020 at 7:07pm
Thanks

Edited by amansahib - 03 Jul 2020 at 8:09pm
Godblessus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godblessus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2020 at 6:28am
You mean you got one year extension after you applied the h and c application ?

Thanks
Canadienne_1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadienne_1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 11:37am
Update on my mom's case:

1. Medicals: Passed
2. Security: Passed
3. Criminality: In Progress

Any ideas as to when the criminality is going to be passed as well. We submitted an original PCC from her country of birth with the application. They did not request a PCC from RCMP (within Canada) but we got the fingerprints done and provided it to IRCC anyways. They might have received it around June 26, 2020.

When can my mom expect a COPR email?
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2020 at 10:43am
guys quick question - for those who got AIP - did you pay the RPRF after getting AIP letter? when did you pay?

in the letter it says "we wish to remind you that foreign nationals presenting applications for permanent residence are subject to a right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) of $490 per person. payment of the RPRF is required and permanent residence will not be granted until payment of the fee is received. therefore, if you have not already done so, it is strongly recommended that you comply with this requirement as soon as possible"

so it seems like it is asking us to pay now. my lawyer told us to wait until we receive the PR requirements letter.

follow up question - after you receive the AIP letter, what letter did you receive after? is there any instruction there that asks you to pay the RPRF?

sorry for the long winded question - hopefully you can help me on this

thanks 
bushra1122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 2:10am
Originally posted by boldon boldon wrote:

guys quick question - for those who got AIP - did you pay the RPRF after getting AIP letter? when did you pay?

in the letter it says "we wish to remind you that foreign nationals presenting applications for permanent residence are subject to a right of permanent residence fee (RPRF) of $490 per person. payment of the RPRF is required and permanent residence will not be granted until payment of the fee is received. therefore, if you have not already done so, it is strongly recommended that you comply with this requirement as soon as possible"

so it seems like it is asking us to pay now. my lawyer told us to wait until we receive the PR requirements letter.

follow up question - after you receive the AIP letter, what letter did you receive after? is there any instruction there that asks you to pay the RPRF?

sorry for the long winded question - hopefully you can help me on this

thanksĀ 

Hi Boldon: for my dad's file we paid the full fee (including the right of permanent residence fee) up front when we sent out the file to Vancouver BRO. In the case your file is rejected they refund the RPRF and in case it's approved it's one less thing to worry about.

When we got the next letter after AIP it asked for updated IMM 5669 and IMM5406, Medical exam, police certificate, passport pages, and financial info. I believe if we had not paid the RPRF then that would have also been included as a requirement in the second letter.

I don't have an electronic copy of the AIP as it came in the mail so I'll look for it tomorrow to see the wording on it.

If you've gotten your AIP then it is safe to assume the next letter asking you for documents will more likely be a 'formality'. And that it is safe to pay RPRF at this point. Although it doesn't hurt to wait til you get the next letter before paying it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 523524525526527 570>
  Share Topic