Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 514515516517518 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 8:49pm
Originally posted by Feltrinella Feltrinella wrote:

@bushra1122, thank you so much.
i just called again and it says "we are reviewing your eligibility".
We have not ordered GCMS because we are afraid that this will accelerate his removal order currently deferred thanks to PRRA.
We were excited to hear no medical required but now that I know that you got same message and eventually had to do medicals - I guess it does not mean medicals were waived.

Medicals must be done but the message will stay like this until IRCC asks for medicals.
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 7:52am
Originally posted by baby g baby g wrote:

boldon you just need the approval letter to file child tax benefit you can call cra and ask them to email you the right form to fill out, and you should be good. it going to take eight to six weeks before you hear from them first! and you can call them and explain to them they will give you more information, I hope that help you

hi - thanks for the information - do you need a work permit to obtain SIN? or is having the AIP letter sufficient?
baby g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 8:10am
boldon if you are in Ontario you just go service Canada with the approval letter to look about the sin and you get it right a way, just take with you your identification proof of address.take like utility bills driver's license phone bill and you good.
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2020 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by baby g baby g wrote:

boldon if you are in Ontario you just go service Canada with the approval letter to look about the sin and you get it right a way, just take with you your identification proof of address.take like utility bills driver's license phone bill and you good.

thank you! we'll try to see if it works!
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2020 at 9:03pm
Hi boldon, sorry if you already mentioned it but were you also on removal order?
I forgot
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 8:50am

Hi boldon, sorry if you already mentioned it but were you also on removal order?
I forgot

hi Feltrinella - no there was no removal order.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 2:35pm
that's great Boldon - at least you don't have CBSA all over you...
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 5:17pm

yeah true - i think they have a stay of deportation during this covid period - am i right?
bushra1122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 12:00am
Originally posted by boldon boldon wrote:

yeah true - i think they have a stay of deportation during this covid period - am i right?

Correct. Most deportations are halted for now with the exception of serious criminal cases. But even those will be assessed individually on a case by case basis. This has been in effect since COVID was declared a pandemic and there is no talk of resuming deportations anytime soon.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 5:39am
@boldon, my spouse's PRRA has been in process for year now, which is longer than usual. So it appears that indeed they do not execute removal orders now. Otherwise they would probably force him to leave earlier this year and wait H&C processing from abroad.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 514515516517518 570>
  Share Topic