Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 513514515516517 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by boldon boldon wrote:

Congratulations Boldon. Here's hoping to a fast and speedy processing and the PR card in your hand soon.

Thanks Bushra - yeah i am hoping too

anyone on here have experience with applying health card, child tax benefits, and work permit after receiving AIP?

do you need the original letter from IRCC to do that?

were you able to receive child tax benefits immediately?

any experiences on applying for the work permit? is it separate payment for you and your spouse or you can consolidate in one application and one fee?

for those who have been working cash jobs, did you get any issues with the CRA when you applied for child tax benefits?

thanks
[/QUOTE]

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/apply.html

This link will help you greatly in applying for the work permit.

The health card is provincial so it would depend on your province of residence. In Ontario one needs to go to Service Ontario to apply for a health card.

https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/child-family-benefits/canada-child-benefit-overview/canada-child-benefit-before-you-apply.html

This link will help you in finding out your eligibility for the CCB.

Hope this helps some and good luck.
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 4:30pm
Hello folks,
My spouse's app is not on ECAS - we did get AOR last June but file was never added to ECAS so we don't know if it's in process or no.
However the file has finally been added to the automatic phone system and now it says
"We received your application on April 2019 and we are determining your eligibility criteria. You do not need a medical exam. We have not started background checks yet. You will be contacted if we need further info".

Does this mean the file is in process? If anybody has experience with this please let me know.

Agents were not available to talk to.

BTW He was already PR and his PR was revoked last year so not sure if they waived medical exam because of that.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 4:31pm
Congrats boldon - 40 months wow. Your patience has been put to extreme stress testing.
Congrats Bushra, very happy for your dad.
My spouse has a similar situation (revoked PR) so it gives us hope too.
All the best to you!

Edited by Feltrinella - 27 May 2020 at 4:32pm
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by bushra1122 bushra1122 wrote:

I just received CoPR in e-mail for my fathers file. We applied in March 2018. Got AIP October 24, 2019. Request for Medicals, Passport, Proof of Income, etc received March 6.

We had significant delay submitting the documents due to COVID-19 and due to many places closing down his medical was delayed along with the passport. We submitted the last of documents on May 19, 2020 and received an e-mail on May 20, 2020 that the file was now complete and forwarded for final decision.

Today, on May 27th, 2020 we received his CoPR.

Our journey comes to an end after 16 years of struggle since his initial landed immigrant status was revoked. Each and everyone of you who is still waiting for their PR is in my prayers. I know it's not an easy journey but I do believe that good things come to those who wait. Be patient, hang in there. Each and every one of you will have your moment to rejoice.

wow Bushra - i guess IRCC really working over the last few days. congratulations! 

do you remember when you paid the PR fees? did you pay around the same time as the request for medicals?

thanks 
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Feltrinella Feltrinella wrote:

Congrats boldon - 40 months wow. Your patience has been put to extreme stress testing.
Congrats Bushra, very happy for your dad.
My spouse has a similar situation (revoked PR) so it gives us hope too.
All the best to you!

Thanks Feltrinella - yeah and here we are thinking the whole process gets done in 29 months lol 

i am just hoping that the PR process is not going to take that long. we've been through this long enough...
bushra1122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 6:43pm
Originally posted by boldon boldon wrote:

Originally posted by bushra1122 bushra1122 wrote:

I just received CoPR in e-mail for my fathers file. We applied in March 2018. Got AIP October 24, 2019. Request for Medicals, Passport, Proof of Income, etc received March 6.

We had significant delay submitting the documents due to COVID-19 and due to many places closing down his medical was delayed along with the passport. We submitted the last of documents on May 19, 2020 and received an e-mail on May 20, 2020 that the file was now complete and forwarded for final decision.

Today, on May 27th, 2020 we received his CoPR.

Our journey comes to an end after 16 years of struggle since his initial landed immigrant status was revoked. Each and everyone of you who is still waiting for their PR is in my prayers. I know it's not an easy journey but I do believe that good things come to those who wait. Be patient, hang in there. Each and every one of you will have your moment to rejoice.

wow Bushra - i guess IRCC really working over the last few days. congratulations! 

do you remember when you paid the PR fees? did you pay around the same time as the request for medicals?

thanks 

We had paid them up front when we submitted the application.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Feltrinella Feltrinella wrote:

Hello folks,
My spouse's app is not on ECAS - we did get AOR last June but file was never added to ECAS so we don't know if it's in process or no.
However the file has finally been added to the automatic phone system and now it says
"We received your application on April 2019 and we are determining your eligibility criteria. You do not need a medical exam. We have not started background checks yet. You will be contacted if we need further info".

Does this mean the file is in process? If anybody has experience with this please let me know.

Agents were not available to talk to.

BTW He was already PR and his PR was revoked last year so not sure if they waived medical exam because of that.

As you may recall, my dad's file wasn't on ecas either so I'd randomly call the automated system os speak with his CBSA agent to get the update. When I'd call and it wasn't yet in process it would say 'we haven't started reviewing your eligibility, you don't need medical exams, we haven't started your background check, and so on'

I'm hopeful that because your spouse's application does say that 'we're reviewing whether you meet the eligibility criteria' that it is actually in process.

Maybe send them a webform to get a clear cut answer. Did you apply for GCMS notes?
Sgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 7:30pm
Hi Feltrinella. What is the number of the automatic phone system

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Sgirl Sgirl wrote:

Hi Feltrinella. What is the number of the automatic phone system

1-888-242-2100
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2020 at 8:16pm
@bushra1122, thank you so much.
i just called again and it says "we are reviewing your eligibility".
We have not ordered GCMS because we are afraid that this will accelerate his removal order currently deferred thanks to PRRA.
We were excited to hear no medical required but now that I know that you got same message and eventually had to do medicals - I guess it does not mean medicals were waived.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 513514515516517 570>
  Share Topic