Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 509510511512513 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AiramV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2020 at 10:39pm
Congrats Faiz, so happy for you and to know that things are moving πŸ™‚πŸ™‚πŸ™‚
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Faiz Faiz wrote:

β€’Dear bushra1122, thank you so much, Okay got it. I’m going to accumulate those documents which you mentioned or being asked for.

β€’ Dear baby g thanks a lot, yes it was quick just less than two months and the ground which I applied for, were hardship and establishment.
I have great hopes for you to get your AIP in the near future.

β€’ Dear Y2K, thank you, Awesome, and congratulations to you! I wish you best of luck.

I have a quick question; both of us I and my wife were included in the same form, therefore will I sponsor my spouse separately or does that work same as a protected person which all responsibilities are on the immigration?? I mean does she need to go for interview and everything to get her visa or not??
I will be highly appreciate your response.
Cheers,

Hey Faiz

Congratulations on getting AIP - on top of the responses, you may apply for open work permit and health card (if you dont have them yet). some people may need to apply for a SIN number as well.

you need to confirm if you have included your spouse in the application as an applicant. if not, you will have to apply for her separately. if yes, she will have to go through the same things as what you are doing (ie medicals, interviews, etc).

if you are not sure, think back to see if you have submitted any documents on her behalf (ie copies of passport, proof of hardship and establishment). or once you receive the request for medicals, if she is also given a form to complete.

good luck and congratulations again!
Y2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 6:00pm
Hi guys, today I received my landing and confirmation for PR. I think with Covid-19, they don't conduct interviews anymore. Once you have a decision made, you can be landed anytime without the interview. All I now have to do is submit a passport photo and wait for my PR card. Good luck to those still waiting and don't give up yet.Things will work out for you.
HandC2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HandC2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 6:06pm
Y2K, 

A big congrats to you. Did you get CoPR in the snail mail or through the email? Just want to know how they gave you the landing without interview.

Please respond as soon as possible because I am still waiting for my own landing information for the past 3 weeks.

Congratulations and best wishes.
UdayA
baby g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 6:24pm
Congratulations Y2K your journey is finally over now!
Y2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 6:24pm
Thank you, it comes by email,of course depending on the means of communication that you use. But the PR card will come through mail.
HandC2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HandC2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 6:44pm
Y2K,

What is your timeline from 'decision made' notification on ECAS to the landing email you received today?
UdayA
Y2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2020 at 7:10pm
I sent additional info on may13,2020, decision was made on Friday 15.But it has been 29 months alltogether.
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Y2k Y2k wrote:

Thank you, it comes by email,of course depending on the means of communication that you use. But the PR card will come through mail.

Y2k - congratulations! 

curious to see how this pans out - not many people know this but you should keep your COPR even if you are already a canadian citizen. they use this to determine OAS on retirement. in the past, there is a physical copy of the COPR and that piece of paper is stamped for landing date.
bushra1122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 9:04am
Originally posted by Y2k Y2k wrote:

Hi guys, today I received my landing and confirmation for PR. I think with Covid-19, they don't conduct interviews anymore. Once you have a decision made, you can be landed anytime without the interview. All I now have to do is submit a passport photo and wait for my PR card. Good luck to those still waiting and don't give up yet.Things will work out for you.

Congratulations and all the best for your future plans.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 509510511512513 570>
  Share Topic