Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 497498499500501 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2020 at 11:57pm
Hi Everyone who applied h&C and got approvel and how r waiting for AIP. I want to ask Can we add our child and spouse in the application .my lawyer said after i get my pr then i should sponsorship them.I can't add in my application and my child age is going to be 21 . its to hard to know so please guide me .thanks 

HandC2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HandC2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 2:14am
Hello Nisha,

If they have not started processing your application, then you must add them very quickly without a waste of time. After they commence processing your application, it might be difficult to add them.

In the first place, why didn't you add them when you initially sent in your application?

Yes, your lawyer was right. You can sponsor them after you become PR in Canada.

All the same, you should add them immediately if they have not started your processing.

Best of luck!
UdayA
baby g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 7:55pm
do you guys know if immigration officer working now? are all APPLICATION is stuck for now.
Faith2014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2020 at 10:55pm
You can only sponsor the child when u have become a permanent resident
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Nisha Nisha wrote:

Hi Everyone who applied h&C and got approvel and how r waiting for AIP. I want to ask Can we add our child and spouse in the application .my lawyer said after i get my pr then i should sponsorship them.I can't add in my application and my child age is going to be 21 . its to hard to know so please guide me .thanks 

i am not a lawyer but i dont understand why your lawyer advised you to do it this way. isnt it one of the reasons why dependents become ineligible is because they omitted their spouse / children in their application?

i just looked into the IRCC website and it says "when someone applies for permanent residence, all their family members must be declared and most also need to be examined"

you may need to clarify with your lawyer why it was suggested to do it this way - otherwise you will end up in bigger trouble or may even cause for your refusal

Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 10:29pm
Agree with boldon.
My spouse omitted his children upon bad advice from consultant and this is why we are going through all this HC horror now. He lost PR and I cannot sponsor him because of misrepresentation ban.
AK123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AK123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2020 at 11:08pm
Hi Boldon.

i'm sorry to keep bothering you by asking if there's update on your application since we both in same scenario.

AK
Y2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 2:01pm
Hi everyone,do we qualify for a provitial health card after AIP? Is a health card considered government welfare/social support?
I understand that being on any social services directly or indirectly can disqualify the h&c application.please advise .thanx
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by Y2k Y2k wrote:

Hi everyone,do we qualify for a provitial health card after AIP? Is a health card considered government welfare/social support?
I understand that being on any social services directly or indirectly can disqualify the h&c application.please advise .thanx

Hi - a health care is a privilege. it is not welfare or social support. qualification for provincial health card depends on province as i believe Alberta restricts it - i also believe that in Ontario, you only need the AIP letter to qualify for the health card and it is effective immediately (if someone can verify this that would be great)

thanks 
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by AK123 AK123 wrote:

Hi Boldon.

i'm sorry to keep bothering you by asking if there's update on your application since we both in same scenario.

Hi AK - no worries - thanks for touching base

we have not heard from them - we reached out to our MP who is going to talk to someone within IRCC (not the call center) before the covid outbreak. i guess this is no longer their priority now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 497498499500501 570>
  Share Topic