Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 490491492493494 515>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by Y2k Y2k wrote:

Does anyone have an idea how long it will take to request for blood work and security clearances after AIP?

It will be very quick compared to the long wait you already had.
Several weeks or a couple of months.
AiramV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AiramV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 4:38pm
Y2k congrats!! I am really happy when someone gets AIP!!

Anybody doing/did biometrics people? I want to know if there is place in Alberta where we can do our biometrics... Online closest place is Abbotsford...
Bmw2020 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bmw2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2020 at 7:51pm
Hi everyone
I haven’t received any AIp yet but they requested medical background back and PR fee so far
Is It Normal ?
boldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 10:16am
Originally posted by AK123 AK123 wrote:

Hi Boldon, Do you know anyone from the previous guys has the same scenario? 

no - i have not heard from anyone who has this long of a timeline. there was another case but he is processing from outside of canada - got into 31 months and got declined
boldon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 10:19am
Originally posted by Bmw2020 Bmw2020 wrote:

Hi everyone
I haven’t received any AIp yet but they requested medical background back and PR fee so far
Is It Normal ?

wow i think that is positive because they dont normally ask for PR fee unless you are going to get approved
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Bmw2020 Bmw2020 wrote:

Hi everyone
Is It Normal ?

Yes it can happen that way too.
Each officer has a different preference of the order of things during the processing.
Y2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 5:52pm
A stay of enfocement is given by Federal court .But i think b4 u ask for a stay of enforcement, u have to write a deferal leter to CBSA officer . She/he can denie or approve it . Most of them will not approve it unless u have a very convincing issue within the law. Your lawyer will then apply to federal court for stay of enforcement and usually is done through teleconferencing. You dont have to be in court physically . The lawyers usully take advantage of the situation and demand for lots of money, they know u have limited choices and u want stay. For my case, though i called it a stay of enforcement it was actually a defferal granted by CBSA officer. I never went to court , what I did was to write a federal letter indicating why I should be allowed to stay. I had applied for child custody pending hearing .and that was good enough to allow a deferral. They can not deport anyone with a pending hearing that requires physical presence in court. But again, you have to attack proof, they cross check them.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:41pm
Thanks for clarifying Y2k. Glad that your CBSA officer did not give you hard time and you did not have to go to the court.
It is unfortunate you have to fight for custody, but in this case it played in your favour by giving you deferral.
Y2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 6:58pm
Unfortunately,it is the life we go through. But like others here have advised, CBSA officers prefer working with u than the lawyers. But they also get scared if u have one. Obviously u need one if u need a stay of enforcement and again, it's expensive but attainable.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2020 at 7:59pm
True - we always try to deal directly with CBsA. I noticed our agent is genuinely compassionate to see a couple trying to stay together (I am “Canadian”), but gets visibly irritated by the dry letters of our lawyer.
So we will try to fight for an administrative deferral first before going to court. Our lawyer is quite affordable, but we already lost appeals in court before so I am not super enthusiastic about going through that again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 490491492493494 515>
  Share Topic