Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 490491492493494 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by HandC2000 HandC2000 wrote:

<span style="font-size: 11px;">bushra1122,</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px;">Police clearance is a requirement for PR in Canada. It is highly required for background and security checks to actually know who you are.</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px;">So they have to ask for one in due time, unless you have not spent 6 months or more since after you turned 18 years in that particular country. So what out for their communication soonest.</span>

Here's the part from the letter regarding police certificates:

"It is necessary that you and your dependent(s) spouse and any children over the age of 18, if applicable, provide police certificates from all countries in which you resided for period accumulating to 6 months or longer in the last 10 years, including Canada (RCMP fingerprints). If necessary, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old.

These checks must be national and not just local. For more information on how to obtain a police certificate, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/enGlIsH/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

The police certificates must include all criminal records under your name or confirm that you do not have a criminal record. You may be required to pay a fee to the agency. Please forward the police certificate(s) to this office together with, a certified translation document if the information submitted is not in English or French."

This is the exact quotation in the letter. My father has been in Canada since 2002 and hasn't left at all.
Cammy86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammy86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 4:44pm
@Hanc2000 congrats, I'm here reading and smiling as if it's my AIP. You're closer to your final stage. I'm so happy for you. For your open work permit I believe you can do either paper or online. You can't get health card yet without the owp or pr. Because the AIP is just an expectation granted letter and not your actual status in the country.
HandC2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HandC2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 5:08pm
Hello bushra1122,

Even if your father has been here for 200 years, he still have to provide a police certificate to prove that he is free from any crime since he turned 18 years.

I am not very sure older people (75+) are allowed to submit police reports. You can check it out. 

They just want to see if there is any criminal record ever in his life from when he turned 18 years whether in Canada or elsewhere he stayed for at least 6 months.
UdayA
bushra1122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 8:11pm
@HandC2000 I understand what you're saying but the letter doesn't ask for a police certificate from home country at this point. It clearly states to provide one covering the past 10 years. And it states IRCC 'may' request one that covers you since you turned 18.

I had posted this query to find out if anyone else had a similar situation and if we should provide one from the home country even though the letter doesn't ask for it (yet).
HandC2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HandC2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 9:58pm
bushra1122,

Ok! Now I understand. You can also call them to find out. I think its best to hear from the horses mouth.

All the same, wish you the best.
UdayA
HandC2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HandC2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 10:02pm
Cammy86,

Thank you so much for your heartwarming congratulations. I appreciate.

They're asking what my status in Canada is. I am out of status since 2014. In this case, what should I indicate as my status? Any help is welcomed.
UdayA
baby g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 10:23pm
Handc2000 I think you should be honest because they know you're out of status already! that's just my thoughts
Cammy86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammy86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 10:36pm
@handc2000 maybe you will have to do the forms and print it to apply my mail. If doing it online you would have to validate it and it won't allow you because you're out of status.
baby g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 10:38pm
CAMMY86 anything new for your APPLICATION still not in PROCESS?
HandC2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HandC2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 10:49pm
Babyg and Cammy,

Thank you so much for your thoughts and ideas. I thought so myself, and have already filled out the forms to be sent by post rather online which may end up causing problems for me at the end.

Thank you again and God bless.
UdayA
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 490491492493494 570>
  Share Topic