Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 478479480481482 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 1:14pm
You don't have to beg for prra.they gave you prra because you are eligible for it.if you are eligible, cbsa will never allow you to apply for prra
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 2019 at 4:31pm
Originally posted by Faith2014 Faith2014 wrote:

You don't have to beg for prra.they gave you prra because you are eligible for it.if you are eligible, cbsa will never allow you to apply for prra

Technically, even for eligible people, they do not “have” to offer PRRa. I am sure you saw word “may” all over the immigration website - everything is at CBSA discretion. Even if you have visa and everything, they can still deny you entry at the border (rarely, but happens). For PrRA, they offer it if they have reasonable doubt that applicant’s life is in danger in their home country. This is why lawyers recommend to keep insisting your life is in danger until they hand out PRRA application. It is good that some CBSA agents are nice enough to understand that for most of us PrRA is just a trick to buy time, so they just hand out the forms.
I saw many people here being denied PRRA even though they were eligible. One guy begged for it many times until he got to the airport and a nicer agent gave him the forms to apply. His previous agent told him she would not give it because she thinks “it would be a waste of time for him”! What an argument, right? It sucks but it is a fact - our lives and fates are in hands of that one agent, and we are entirely at the mercy of his/her mood and perceptions.
Good luck to all PRRA-rs: congrats on buying time and let us pray for faster HC!
Megabates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Megabates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 1:16am
I do not understand this about PRPA. Who is eligible? People without status or? Some more details? :)
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 7:15am
Originally posted by Megabates Megabates wrote:

I do not understand this about PRPA. Who is eligible? People without status or? Some more details? :)

People without status and under removal order. Pre removal risk asessment : before sending people back, they evaluate risks to your life in your home country. Approval chance are close to zero, but it is the last chance to extend stay in Canada and hope that HC gets approved in the meantime.

This is from the website:

Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) officer will let you know if you’re eligible to apply for a PRRA before we remove you from Canada.

In most cases, you must wait 12 months before you can apply for PRRA after you get a negative decision from:

the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB) on a refugee claim
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on another PRRA application
This includes if your application was:

rejected
abandoned
withdrawn
If you’re eligible for a PRRA, the officer will explain how to apply.

Applicants who don’t have to wait 12 months
You may be eligible for a PRRA before 12 months have passed depending on the situation in your country. We keep a list of countries that are exempt.

Other ways you are ineligible
You can’t apply for a PRRA if you:

made a refugee claim that was ineligible because of the Safe Third Country Agreement
were found to be a Convention refugee in another country that you can go back to
are a protected person and you already have refugee protection in Canada
are subject to extradition

Edited by Feltrinella - 19 Dec 2019 at 7:16am
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by Lucky420 Lucky420 wrote:

@feltrinella
When did you apply for H&c

I am Canadian citizen.
My spouse applied HC April 2019. Applied PRRA July 2019.
No news since then.
cfi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 3:01pm
Hey
Is mean anything that CBSA has taken my passport
cfi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 3:02pm
I mean is it good or bad or what
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 3:43pm

So if you Canada citizen there are other ways for your husband get very pr very soon then H&c
Is H&c along process for him cuz I saw ppl get answer from PRRA Less then six months and saw ppl with almost three for years be waiting for PRRA If your husband get negative PRRA and he get deported they will band him for five years you know that I do voluntary for refugees community I saw so case but I will say it’s on luck doesn’t matter where are you from depends H&c officer
Cross fingers all we do can wait Share thoughts and feelings
I

There are no other ways for him to get PR - he is inadmissible for mis representation and HC is the only way. I cannot sponsor him and he cannot apply for post-study permit either - because of mis-rep.We would not apply HC if there was other way. As you can guess, none of us is thrilled to be in hands of that one officer.

He was already PR but it was revoked for mis rep.

Thank you for your support! I will keep you posted.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by cfi cfi wrote:

I mean is it good or bad or what

Bad - if you want to travel. My understanding is that even if you have emergency and need to travel, they will not give passport back. Unless you abandon your PRRA application, in which case they will return your passport upon removal from Canada.

Maybe others can comment if I am missing smth.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2019 at 4:12pm

Oh idk that yeah ur only option is h&C he will get it

Thank you for your positive attitude!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 478479480481482 570>
  Share Topic