Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 474475476477478 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 2:20pm
Thank you for quick replaying
I am so scare what do u think if I will take my lawyer with me
And I will prepare as much as I can from evdience to prove that I am attached to Canada
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by cfi cfi wrote:

Thank you for quick replaying
I am so scare what do u think if I will take my lawyer with me
And I will prepare as much as I can from evdience to prove that I am attached to Canada

In our own experience, dealing directly with agent without lawyer was more effective, as these people do not like to be challenged by lawyers, especially when the lawyer is arrogant. Our CBSA agent prefers to deal with us directly and he is much more compassionate when he just sees a simple couple fighting to stay together.
You can bring any person you like - e.g.friend - if you need support.
I do most of the talking in these interviews, although it is my spouse under removal, not me. I think it helps to reassure the agent that my spouse has a genuine attachment to Canada so feel free to bring anyone.
Personally I would not bring a lawyer because I saw how my CBsA agent got annoyed by our lawyer’s dry emails. But it is up to you decide.
cfi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 2:37pm
So what the most questions they asking
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 2:47pm

So what the most questions they asking

He asked for updates on file (employer, phone numbers etc.) and if we are doing anything to stay (we said we applied for HC). Then he offered us PRRA and told us to wait 6-12 months. He said he might call from time to time to chat, but since then no news.
Just a small piece of advice - these cases are all about personal judgment and compassion. So if you try to be nice and cooperative, you will reach their hearts.
cfi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 2:53pm
Perfect thank u for advise and will keep you update
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 5:14pm

Perfect thank u for advise and will keep you update

Good luck and please post here after your interview!

oudsoleil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oudsoleil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2019 at 6:19pm
@ Sam Jani and @boldon. The info requested is below..

H&C Timeline:
IRCC Received application on October 16, 2017
AOR sent on November 20,2017
Started processing application on June 20, 2018.
Aip received on Oct 22,2019
Medical requested on Nov 5,2019
Medical done on Nov 7,2019
Medical received by IRCc on Nov 14,2019
E-mail re: landing interview received on Nov 19,2019
Landing Interview: Nov 25,2019
Received PR card in mail : Dec 3,2019

I live in Toronto,Ontario incase that matters to someone.

My grounds were mainly establishment(been in canada for 14yrs, came as a student when I was 18yrs old), community involvement, work experience, educational experience, no criminality and dim prospects if I returned to my home country. I applied by myself but was helped by a friend who is a lawyer.

boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 8:42am
thanks oudsoleil and congratulations again!!!
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Lucky420 Lucky420 wrote:

Hi everyone I been reading threads since july 2018
I applied for h & c and PRRA
Permanent Residence
We received your application for permanent residence on December 2018.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 2019.
We started processing your application on July 2019.
Sine July didn’t heard is anyone in same boat with me

Same here.
HC filed April 2019.
PRRA filed July 2019.
Not in process yet. Praying for PrRA to last long enough.

When did you apply for PRRA?
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2019 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Lucky420 Lucky420 wrote:

I applied for PRRA 0n September 2017 I got refused on PRRA November 2017
appeal to federal court on December 2017 my case got accepted on February 2018
Judge send it back to reconsidering the PRRA on May 2018 then I applied for h & c single dad Canada born kids
Cbsa call and hand it me back my Documents on December 2018 told me my PRRA is in Ottawa I got approved first stage of PRRA I was so happy I can’t explain since that time my checking was every week now it’s monthly I didn’t heard nothing from PRRA H&C and my rehabilitations app so I have three a application all in process
I get only open work permit every six months to support my daughters I call cic for updates today she said the time for change to 24 now

Wow you are the only person I know with accepted PRRA. And I have been reading a lot. Well done!
For our case, PRRA chance is zero. We just hope it takes long enough to defer the removal order and allow us to progress on HC application in the meantime.

Is your passport still with CBSA? (You said they handed back documents - not sure if passport was among them).
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 474475476477478 570>
  Share Topic