Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 469470471472473 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oudsoleil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by bushra1122 bushra1122 wrote:

Originally posted by oudsoleil oudsoleil wrote:

Hi All,

For those interested I went for my landing interview yesterday. The interview itself lasted like 10 minutes. The lady I got was very nice. Just went over my documents to ensure everything on my COPR document was correct, asked me a few questions e.g have you ever been deported from Canada? Ordered to be removed? Been convicted etc? Then gave me an information sheet that explained some services available to me now and how to apply for them eg SIN, Healthcare etc. Then told me about my responsibility in maintaining my PR(be in the country 2 out of 5 years atleast) and then sent me on my way. She said that I will get my PR Card in the mail within 2-3 weeks.

Congratulations! And best of luck.

Thanks Bushra1122. Best of luck to you too.
Napo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Napo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 7:32pm

Originally posted by Napo2 Napo2 wrote:

Hey <span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Oudsoleil</span>, you mean you only waited 1 month from your AIP to the interview? Did you do your medicals and police check before you got your AIP or after? Just checking if i could apply for an open work permit or wait from now till i go do my medicals and then wait for the interview.

Hi Napo, yes it was only approx month between my AIP(Oct 22) and my landing interview(Nov 25) and I had done my police certificates and sent them with my application. I had also paid my RPRF with my application. I did my medicals a few days after they requested for them(Nov 7) after AIP and they received it a week after(Nov 14) I had done it. I then got email re: landing interview on Nov 19. Hope that timeline helps.

I had also applied for a work permit after AIP but I requested for them to withdraw it today because I don't need it now I'm a PR.

Thanks a lot, that helps. Congratulation!
cco
HandC2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HandC2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 9:30pm
Hi Napo2,

A big congratulations to you. 

Just for heads-up: 

1. What was the grounds for your application? 

2. Did you apply by yourself or through a lawyer or a consultant?

Please kindly respond ASAP.

Thank you.
UdayA
HandC2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HandC2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 9:32pm
Hi Oudsoleil,

Just for heads-up: 

Thank you.
UdayA
oudsoleil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oudsoleil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by HandC2000 HandC2000 wrote:

Hi O<span style="font-size: 11px; : rgb251, 251, 253;">udsoleil</span>,

Just for heads-up: 

Thank you.

Hi HandC2000,

My grounds were mainly establishment(been in canada for 14yrs, came as a student when I was 18yrs old), and dim prospects if I returned to my home country. I applied by myself but was helped by a friend who is a lawyer.
oudsoleil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oudsoleil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 9:50pm

Hey <span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Oudsoleil</span>, you mean you only waited 1 month from your AIP to the interview? Did you do your medicals and police check before you got your AIP or after? Just checking if i could apply for an open work permit or wait from now till i go do my medicals and then wait for the interview.

Hi Napo, yes it was only approx month between my AIP(Oct 22) and my landing interview(Nov 25) and I had done my police certificates and sent them with my application. I had also paid my RPRF with my application. I did my medicals a few days after they requested for them(Nov 7) after AIP and they received it a week after(Nov 14) I had done it. I then got email re: landing interview on Nov 19. Hope that timeline helps.

I had also applied for a work permit after AIP but I requested for them to withdraw it today because I don't need it now I'm a PR.

Thanks a lot, that helps. Congratulation!

Thanks Napo2. All the best to you.
Napo2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Napo2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 10:31pm
Originally posted by HandC2000 HandC2000 wrote:

Hi Napo2,

Just for heads-up: 

Thank you.

Hello,
My ground was establishment here (I have been here since 2007), high unemployment rate in my country, work and volunteer experience. I used a lawyer though.
cco
baby g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2019 at 11:05pm
Congratulations to everyone that got Aip and to those who went on there interview!! a big congratulations.
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 11:29am
Originally posted by ewanko ewanko wrote:

Hope a good news for you boldon

yeah not sure what to make it of it - 33 months and no news whatsoever. and this is being processed inland. 
oudsoleil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oudsoleil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2019 at 11:40am
Originally posted by baby g baby g wrote:

Congratulations to everyone that got Aip and to those who went on there interview!! a big congratulations.

Thank you baby g.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 469470471472473 570>
  Share Topic