Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 435436437438439 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 9:57am
Hey
Is anyone should apply for PrRa
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 11:37am
Originally posted by cfi cfi wrote:

Hey
Is anyone should apply for PrRa

If you are eligible for PrRA, your CBSA agent will hand you application forms in person when he calls you in for removal interview. You can only apply if they offer it to you as option. Unfortunately You cannot just say « hey give me PRRA forms ».
If you are eligible, it is a good way to « buy » time if you are waiting for HC decision because you can remain in Canada for several months. PRRA in itself almost always leads to rejection though at the end.
che View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote che Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 2:34pm

anyone can help me this info i received last oct 8, 2019 regarding my approval. im currently had current status in canada as open work permit under my husband skilled work permit. we had already apply an ainp last oct 3, 2019. my timeline is:

aug 2017 application sent

aug 2017 also my aor

may 2, 2018 on process

oct 8, 2019 approval

i didnt apply an open work permit under this program of Humanitarian coz i still have a status of open work permit under my husband skilled position until 2021...so im still waiting for the next letter. but i already replied what they need an information from me last oct 8 also. i dont have a representative anymore on our application because its been cancel his practitioners as a representative legally so they know that i cancelled him. so its direct to my email whatever the new update for my application...so my question please help me what will be the next step how long will get back to them after i received this letter of approval? any small information will very big helpful for us to understand.....thanks in advance

HUMANITARIAN AND COMPASSIONATE RESULTS APPROVAL IN PRINCIPLE

This refers to your application for permanent residence from within Canada on humanitarian and compassionate grounds. This is a two step decision making process.

First, humanitarian and compassionate factors are assessed to decide whether to grant an exemption from certain legislative requirements to allow your application for permanent residence to be processed from within Canada. On October 8, 2019 a representative of the Minister of Citizenship & Immigration has approved your request for an exemption from these requirements for the purpose of processing this application.

Second, you must meet all other statutory requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, for example, medical, security and passport considerations and arrangements for your care and support. As your application is processed, separate decisions will be made about whether you meet these other requirements. If more information is required, you will be sent a letter and asked to provide a reply within 30 days from the date the letter is sent to you.

Please note your application for permanent residence could be refused if:

You and your family members do not meet all statutory requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.

You receive a letter asking for a reply within 30 days and do not respond.

You fail to advise this office of any changes to your address. You may do so by writing to this office at the address shown at the top of this letter, by telephoning the Call Centre at 1 (888) 242-2100 or on-line at http://www.cic.gc.ca.

You are not self-supporting. Persons in receipt of social assistance or welfare benefits, either directly or indirectly, are defined in the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act as inadmissible persons.

If preliminary information indicates that you probably meet all statutory requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, you may receive a letter asking you to attend an interview at the Canada Immigration Centre in your area. A final determination on your application for permanent residence will be made at this interview. This usually occurs about 12 – 24 months after the date your visa exemption was approved (see paragraph two of this letter). If you do not attend this interview, it could be interpreted as a lack of interest in permanent residence and your application could be refused.

If you wish to work or study in Canada while awaiting finalization of your application, you must request and receive an employment or student authorization. You will need the application kit titled “Changing Terms and Conditions or Extending Your Stay which can be obtained by telephoning the Call Centre at 1 (888) 242-2100 or visiting our Web site at http://www.cic.gc.ca.

If your marital status or personal situation changes, please write to this office immediately or telephone the Call Centre.

Your exemption was granted, in part, due to the hardship you would face if you had to leave Canada and apply from outside of the country as usually required. Continued processing of your file will be conducted by:

Citizenship and Immigration

Niagara Falls Backlog Reduction Office

4318 Portage Rd. Niagara Falls, Ontario

L2E 6A4

If you require clarification, more information, wish to provide a change of address or other information, please write to that office, visit the CIC Web site or telephone the Call Centre. The client number shown in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number. The number provides access to information on your file. For your own protection, you should not allow any other person to use this number.

Strong_mom View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strong_mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:50pm
I Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving weekend! I am now more thankful... I got my AIP finally
Godabovall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Godabovall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 5:53pm
Congratulations strong mom
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strong_mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:13pm
Thank you.. letter says officer approved it on oct 7... I got my phone interview Oct 4 its friday.. I provided all the documents she asked over the weekend.
soloboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soloboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:34pm
Congrats Che!! This is an AIP letter!! You don't need to do anything right now, just enjoy this moment and wait for them to send another email to you for medical and police check, mine was sent 3 months after the AIP letter. Hope it helps! 
soloboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote soloboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Strong_mom Strong_mom wrote:

I Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving weekend! I am now more thankful... I got my AIP finally

Congrats StrogMom!!
It's wonderful to know that you and Che are having positive updates! I'm happy for you!
Faith2014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Faith2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:32pm
Congrats strongmum.wyst is your timeline and h and c grounds?
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strong_mom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2019 at 7:34pm
Application received Nov 2017
AOR Dec 2017
In process Aug 2018
AIP Oct 2019
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 435436437438439 570>
  Share Topic