Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 427428429430431 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiorella00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 7:54pm

Hi everyone I writing here because i called the immigration call center yesterday about my H&C application ..and they told me my application doesn’t have a decesion yet but my application passed on stage 1 ,medical and all this stuff is passed but they need to do the eligibility check before they made the final decession ...
Anyone has any idea about how long is this takes and what they are check it in this time?
Canadianmomof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadianmomof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by Fiorella00 Fiorella00 wrote:

Hi everyone I writing here because i called the immigration call center yesterday about my H&C application ..and they told me my application doesn’t have a decesion yet but my application passed on stage 1 ,medical and all this stuff is passed but they need to do the eligibility check before they made the final decession ...
Anyone has any idea about how long is this takes and what they are check it in this time?

When did you receive AIP?
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 9:43pm
Originally posted by Canadianmomof2 Canadianmomof2 wrote:

Originally posted by Feltrinella Feltrinella wrote:

Congrats and thanks for the timeline.
Our lawyer told us that appealing PRRA does not suspend the removal order. How did you manage to remain in the country between February 2018 and April 2019? Did you have a nice CBSA agent?

We also filed PRRA in August and I am scared my spouse will be removed after PRRA is refused...

We had 3 administrative deferrals. We had pretty extenuating circumstances due to my daughter’s mental health issues. She was hospitalized and the CBSA agreed to postpone removal a few times, but the officer told us that he wasn’t able to delay any further and if we hadn’t of received AIP then, he would have had no choice but to proceed with removal.

We had flights purchased on 2 separate occasions when we were granted the deferrals. I honestly think our case is pretty rare and it was a combination of my lawyer having a good relationship with the removal officer and our circumstances.

hey canadianmomof2,

Would you mind also to tell us whether they returned your passport after you got AIP?
My spouse’s passport was seized after he applied for PRRA so we are wondering at which stage he will be able to gain it back and travel again.

Thanks in advance!

It hasn’t been returned yet, but IRCC requested it from the CBSA and my understanding is that they will return it at the landing appointment.

Thank you so much, canadianmomof2!
Alien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 10:41pm

I have the same situation , 1st stage done on March 30 2019 till now no decision made , they asked for police clearance certificate, bank info , all sent. But no news till now. I have called my MP , his secretary told me they are going to follow up . Maybe I will get an update soon from them .
Fiorella00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiorella00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 1:53pm
I didn’t received AIP yet ..
Fiorella00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiorella00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 1:54pm
And did you received AIP allready ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadianmomof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 1:56pm

I didn’t received AIP yet ..

Isn’t AIP first stage approval? When we received first stage approval, that was AIP.
Alien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 6:32pm

And did you received AIP allready ?
yes AIP on March 2019

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadianmomof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 6:36pm
Our First stage approval (AIP) was In April 2019 and decision made September 2019. I know someone who received AIP just before us and still haven’t received second stage. Not sure what impacts the length of time between the 2 stages.
Alien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 7:36pm

Our First stage approval (AIP) was In April 2019 and decision made September 2019. I know someone who received AIP just before us and still haven’t received second stage. Not sure what impacts the length of time between the 2 stages.
when I called them they told me they are still checking the security then said not sure why taking long . I am out of blue really . Don’t know what’s going on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 427428429430431 570>
  Share Topic