Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 426427428429430 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godabovall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 11:37am
Congratulations!!! halmum welcome to Canada...those of us waiting will surely get good news as well by God's grace.
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by halmum halmum wrote:

In my application, i asked help to MPs. Goodluck to all of you and have faith, you will get all yours as well.

Congrats halmum!

If you don’t mind, how did you request help and what did MP actually do (reference letter, call on your behalf)?

We emailed our MP and went to her office to make appointment but no reply so far...

I guess everybody swamped with elections
halmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by Feltrinella Feltrinella wrote:

In my application, i asked help to MPs. Goodluck to all of you and have faith, you will get all yours as well.

Congrats halmum!

If you don’t mind, how did you request help and what did MP actually do (reference letter, call on your behalf)?

We emailed our MP and went to her office to make appointment but no reply so far...

Thank you! The first Mp in my application under spousal, we went to his office and he gave us reference letter, and the second Mp in my h&c application, we emailed them and they were the one who call cic on our behalf. We think it helped.
halmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Godabovall Godabovall wrote:

Congratulations!!! halmum welcome to Canada...those of us waiting will surely get good news as well by God's grace.

Thank you
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep 2019 at 3:31pm

Congrats halmum!

Thank you! The first Mp in my application under spousal, we went to his office and he gave us reference letter, and the second Mp in my h&c application, we emailed them and they were the one who call cic on our behalf. We think it helped.

Thanks for responding! Congrats again!
soloboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soloboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 3:02pm
Congrats Halmum!
halmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2019 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by soloboy soloboy wrote:

Congrats Halmum!

Thank you
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2019 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Canadianmomof2 Canadianmomof2 wrote:

Congrats and thanks for the timeline.
Our lawyer told us that appealing PRRA does not suspend the removal order. How did you manage to remain in the country between February 2018 and April 2019? Did you have a nice CBSA agent?

We also filed PRRA in August and I am scared my spouse will be removed after PRRA is refused...

We had 3 administrative deferrals. We had pretty extenuating circumstances due to my daughter’s mental health issues. She was hospitalized and the CBSA agreed to postpone removal a few times, but the officer told us that he wasn’t able to delay any further and if we hadn’t of received AIP then, he would have had no choice but to proceed with removal.

We had flights purchased on 2 separate occasions when we were granted the deferrals. I honestly think our case is pretty rare and it was a combination of my lawyer having a good relationship with the removal officer and our circumstances.

hey canadianmomof2,

Would you mind also to tell us whether they returned your passport after you got AIP?
My spouse’s passport was seized after he applied for PRRA so we are wondering at which stage he will be able to gain it back and travel again.

Thanks in advance!
Fiorella00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiorella00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 4:01pm
Hi everyone I writing here because i called the immigration call center yesterday about my H&C application ..and they told me my application doesn’t have a decesion yet but my application passed on stage 1 ,medical and all this stuff is passed but they need to do the eligibility check before they made the final decession ...
Anyone has any idea about how long is this takes and what they are check it in this time?
Canadianmomof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadianmomof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2019 at 4:31pm

Originally posted by Canadianmomof2 Canadianmomof2 wrote:

Congrats and thanks for the timeline.
Our lawyer told us that appealing PRRA does not suspend the removal order. How did you manage to remain in the country between February 2018 and April 2019? Did you have a nice CBSA agent?

We also filed PRRA in August and I am scared my spouse will be removed after PRRA is refused...

We had 3 administrative deferrals. We had pretty extenuating circumstances due to my daughter’s mental health issues. She was hospitalized and the CBSA agreed to postpone removal a few times, but the officer told us that he wasn’t able to delay any further and if we hadn’t of received AIP then, he would have had no choice but to proceed with removal.

We had flights purchased on 2 separate occasions when we were granted the deferrals. I honestly think our case is pretty rare and it was a combination of my lawyer having a good relationship with the removal officer and our circumstances.

hey canadianmomof2,

Would you mind also to tell us whether they returned your passport after you got AIP?
My spouse’s passport was seized after he applied for PRRA so we are wondering at which stage he will be able to gain it back and travel again.

Thanks in advance!

It hasn’t been returned yet, but IRCC requested it from the CBSA and my understanding is that they will return it at the landing appointment.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 426427428429430 570>
  Share Topic