Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 406407408409410 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 4:19pm

The letter is dated June 4th as sent by IRCC but the lawyer got it only July 7th. IRCC mailed it out July 5th from Vancouver office. It took a while. No emails, just the paper letter.

Optimistic
Fiorella00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fiorella00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2019 at 4:34pm
Ohh I understand thanks so much for the info ...
mdr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:18pm
Did anyone on this forum apply for a student visa after AIP? What is the process? Still need to pay the international student fee?

Optimistic
Blue sky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Blue sky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 3:28pm
Hi Everyone.. I want share about my landing interview today .
I come to CIC Niagara Falls . Soon I attend we need report to the window and show the appointment letter . And they tell me to wait at auditorium , lots ppl waiting already . And then 2 immigration ppl come tell about the benefits permanent resident and apply for sin card and OHiP and about we can travel . And after that they call us per family we going to different room . The question is we ever been convicted crime whole in Canada and ask about dependent out side Canada . Soon we answer and we sign the paper and Immigration officer said Congratulations you are permanent resident now !!!. I wish the best for everyone here .. just wait patience and keep prying .
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 8:00pm
Folks, do we have anybody on PRRA?

My spouse got PRrA forms today from CBSA. We went to his removal appointment, and the agent was kind enough to offer PRRA. So this gives 6-12 months to wait in peace for HC outcome, and if HC is not decided by the time PRrA gets rejected, my spouse will have to be removed from Canada...his passport has been seized too.

Anybody on PRRA please kindly message me or share your experience here
halmum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halmum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Blue sky Blue sky wrote:

Hi Everyone.. I want share about my landing interview today .
I come to CIC Niagara Falls . Soon I attend we need report to the window and show the appointment letter . And they tell me to wait at auditorium , lots ppl waiting already . And then 2 immigration ppl come tell about the benefits permanent resident and apply for sin card and OHiP and about we can travel . And after that they call us per family we going to different room . The question is we ever been convicted crime whole in Canada and ask about dependent out side Canada . Soon we answer and we sign the paper and Immigration officer said Congratulations you are permanent resident now !!!. I wish the best for everyone here .. just wait patience and keep prying .

Congrats
Faith2014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Faith2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2019 at 11:27pm
My prra is in process for one year five months now
AHK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AHK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 1:44am
@Blue sky:

1st of all Congratulation :)
2nd thing I wanted to ask when you will be eligible to apply for Citizenship? The 3 years(1095 days) will they start from the day you get PR or since the day you submitted your H&C application? I have searched a lot on this topic but didnt find any reply related to this. Thanks

Edited by AHK - 12 Jul 2019 at 6:13pm
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 7:20am
WOW! I wish my spouse’s PRRA took that long too to buy us time...
I have seen people getting their negative decision in 3 months so this is very scary...
I hope they are exception.

Good luck to all of us!

Faith2014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2019 at 9:53am
Hi feltrinella,are you doing but a spousal h and c?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 406407408409410 570>
  Share Topic