Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 382383384385386 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soon2bcanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:19pm
Thankyou , your words of encouragement are lifting me up....yes I’m going to cry until someone listens to me, I’m alone guys I have no one here with me , these words of encouragement are a blessing. I’m in Ottawa Ontario, anyone around here? Does the montreal Mp also help Ontario residents as well, if not does anyone have the np number for Ottawa Ontario ? How long does PRRA take to process ? Remember my H&C is only one month old, I need Atleast 20months before first decision . Ohh God I ask for your strength ! Takeover jehovah ! I’m going to ask my lawyer tomorrow for an appointment to meet her and we discuss, I will keep you all updated .
gary89
soon2bcanadian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soon2bcanadian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:29pm
I’m with you my sister,we shall indeed overcome this fight
gary89
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by soon2bcanadian soon2bcanadian wrote:

Thankyou , your words of encouragement are lifting me up....yes I’m going to cry until someone listens to me, I’m alone guys I have no one here with me , these words of encouragement are a blessing. I’m in Ottawa Ontario, anyone around here? Does the montreal Mp also help Ontario residents as well, if not does anyone have the np number for Ottawa Ontario ? How long does PRRA take to process ? Remember my H&C is only one month old, I need Atleast 20months before first decision . Ohh God I ask for your strength ! Takeover jehovah ! I’m going to ask my lawyer tomorrow for an appointment to meet her and we discuss, I will keep you all updated .

I am in Ottawa too. You can find your MP here by putting your postal code:

https://www.campaignlifecoalition.com/find-your-mp/CodeSearch

PRRA takes 10 months on average (could be less or more depending on case). It is the same office that will be deciding on your PRRA and HC, so with some luck they will combine your two cases to align the timing. Your MP may help to delay your removal. Keep fighting - there is always hope as long as there is life.
Alien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2019 at 10:00pm

it’s our prime ministers office so shouldn’t be any issue ! Just call them tomorrow! God bless you !
cfi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 10:45am
Sorry what is mean of PPRA
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 1:56pm

it seems to me that the number and address provided is the prime minister (justin trudeau's) details...
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Alien Alien wrote:

hi everyone , i have been reading through here and i have seen success stories and i know we shall soon all celebrate, this is my dilemma. i am a failed refugee claimant , my case was denied in may 2017, i got a new lawyer that helped me with my RAD application( which is basically an appeal) meanwhile we went ahead to acquire all the necessary requirements for my H&C. h&C cannot be applied for until a negative decision has been made in the last twelve months, so we waited, when the twelve months elapsed , my lawyer sent out my H&C app but it was sent back because i had to wait for the RAD decision first , we waited again another year for that negative decision, when we received it we sent back the application in April 2019. I also  received a call from CBSA for me to show up for an interview, i told my lawyer about it and she said she would come with me to this meeting, might i add the officer was very strict with me, she didn't want to hear what new evidence has arisen since my hearing in may 2017, she just kept saying yes i understand but i'm following the rules, for your removal. my lawyer was saying legal terms that i didn't understand and included PRRA and officer said she is only a junior officer and doesn't deal with that, she needs me to give her a reservation of my flight back home in two weeks time, she said it doesn't have to be immediate but we have to provide that reservation , the officer wants me out guys, my lawyer is of the view i book that flight but for December 2019 that way we can buy more time at least that gives us some months . my question is who grants the PRRA for an individual who is facing removal? isn't it the officer? why then is she denying me a chance at justice? i have no criminal record , i have a full time job that i have been at since 2017, i have paid my taxes etc, my lawyer provided these examples trying to explain to the officer i'm not a flight risk , and funny enough the officer is like trust me u look like one of the good ones i have been with tricky people etc, so if i'm one of the good ones why are you making my case hard? anyway long story short guys, i'm pretty scared , anyone been through this ? my H&C is only a month old , im stuck, i have new evidence from my country, my sister was attacked by a man who was looking for me and she had surgery , i have photos of the day she was out of surgery swollen and in so much pain, i have a drs report, i have money transfer of $800 for her medical bills .... my fingers are crossed, my knees to GOd , i cried and balled my yes out yesterday in my work toilet, i couldnt even help myself , i had to ask for a day off .... anyone with words of encouragement , help , guidance thankyou
so sorry to know about this !!what did your lawyer said? Is there something he can do to stop this removal ? H&C takes around 31 months and no way to get 1st approval before 14 months now a days . It’s a lengthy process! Wait to see if someone answer here if not Try to post it at Canada visa forum , At refugee section.. maybe someone can answer you . Good bless you !

in some cases where there is imminent danger to your life (whether through threats or medical issues), first stage approval can be provided as early as 3 months.

for refugee cases, there seem to be a trend where the refugee claim is denied not because the applicant is not eligible but the applicant should've applied for H&C instead of refugee. unfortunately, the case officer will not explicitly mention that in your refugee claim refusal letter and will wait and see if you figured out that H&C is the right way to go. i hope that this is the case for you. praying for a swift approval.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:20pm
Pre removal risk assessment.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by cfi cfi wrote:

Sorry what is mean of PPRA

PRrA is
Pre removal risk assessment
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 8:45pm
Friends who applied HC recently (last 12 months): how long did you wait for Acknowledgment of receipt?

My spouse applied early April. Nothing yet. Lawyer says still too early.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 382383384385386 570>
  Share Topic