Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 10:57pm
@ WESTEND GIRL: any update yet in your case ?

britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 2011 at 8:58am
Originally posted by afimiko afimiko wrote:

So whenever CIC asks an applicant to pay the landing fees that means a positive outcome ?

Generally, unless they find a reason not to approve the application after you have paid RPRF, Next step should be request for passport. CIC doesnt like to do refunds, its a long process...unless they really need to.

In my case I didnt pay RPRF with my application fee, I was requested my landing fees on 16 August 2010, my PPR was on 27 August 2010 and I Landed on 29 September 2010!

I know a few other people on here with the same outcome! Think positive and you will get there Smile 
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 7:43pm
Actually they did request the passport but I gave them only the copies of our passport... I heard stories of people that got theirs passports lost by CIC...

Do I need giving them the original as well ?

Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 8:29pm
Just found this that may help you, I have just been informed by a friend of mine that CIC wont require you to send your passport for inland you take it with you to the Visa office, you should be expecting a letter to say if your approved and an appointment for your landing interview. Here is a link with the flow chart on it on page 23. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/5289E.PDF
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2011 at 9:05pm
Thank you very much BritinCanada !

And so continues the waiting game !   I know that it near the end.
susan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 10:24am
Good day.
My H&C grounds application is in process since August 2009. Its almost 2 yrs now and still I have not heard anything from cic office. Is there anyone who apply arround the same time as me?
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 2011 at 10:20pm
Hi Susan,

Very dificult to predict anything for a H&C case before the first stage approval ( AIP)...  It's all in the hands on the IO...

Pray that a good minded agent has your case...  
People are saying that an H&C case can go up to 36 months... How true is that , I don't know !

All I know is that it's the longest process of all the PR category !

Be positive, think positive and it's all going to be positive !

Afi

Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:54pm
Originally posted by afimiko afimiko wrote:

Hi Susan,

Very dificult to predict anything for a H&C case before the first stage approval ( AIP)...  It's all in the hands on the IO...

Pray that a good minded agent has your case...  
People are saying that an H&C case can go up to 36 months... How true is that , I don't know !

All I know is that it's the longest process of all the PR category !

Be positive, think positive and it's all going to be positive !

Afi

Susan, I agree sad but true 90% of the time your PR approval depends on the IO's that are working on your case, its not just one IO, but many! Try to stay positive, its all worth it in the end. The length of time taken to process a case can depend on how well organized your application is, if CIC has to keep asking for documents/medicals/payments then as much as 3-4 months can be added onto your processing time because your case is then put on a back burner whilst somebody elses case is being looked at in the mean time
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 4:56pm
Have you had your AIP? If not I would call CIC to find out whats going on!
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
Rsidney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rsidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2011 at 7:54pm

Hi guys,

You know, H&C is a drama. I don't want to give you guys bad news, just have faith and be patient.
I'm gonna tell you guys a bit of my story with CIC.

I did everything when it comes to application my lawer told me I had good chances in both H&C anf Skilled Worker, so I made both application and sent it at the same time. I got ready for both, including English test, letters from my employers in Brazil, my university degrees and so on.

I made a 6 page letter, saying why I believed I should stay and all that. Guess what happened?

I got a call from an IO asking for more documents, I told him I could send it he said no! Bring it to me. Well, I got to that point that I didn't care as much, I went there. He came got the documents, told me, "This doesn't mean anything, just to avoid your application to be stuck in the shelf forever"

Couples days later, he called me again, and for my surprise, he said, "I just wanted to make sure you were in your job." Five minutes ago, I got a call, from a private number. It was him, the first thing he said "what can you do for me?" I stared shaking in my chair, I couldn't believe I was actually hearing that. I asked him to repeat and stuff. Well, he's the button line, he was asking for 2K to approve my application. I got so frustrated that I wanted to get on on the first plane back home.

I told him I never had done anything like that in my life before. that I would call him back. He said no, I will call you later today.

I talked to my lawer who told me not to answer his calls. He called me, several times, I didn't answer but kept all the logs from his calls. He even called from a Bell Payphone. Which after a huge investigation it was proven that phone was located in front the CIC office in Etobicoke.

I didn't eat, sleep during all those days. And in a try to shut me up, he approved my case. 3 days later. But the damage was done. I put a letter together and sent to the minister of immigration.

2 immigration police officers came to my house. I wasn't there, They went to my work. They treated me super nice. They recorded my story. We gather all the logs from telephone calls, emails everythihng. Message that he left me.

They after that, I got a call from a private investigator who was hired my CIC to investigate him as well. He doesn't work in CIC anymore. He was charged with more than 6 crimes. I don't know all the details it's confidencial. It seems like a move. And guess what? I'm still waiting for the land interview. I got my AIP in March 2010, still waiting. I just hope this end.

So good luck, anything can happen. After 12K I spent with lawers and documents I had to go through all that. Just because I wanted a better life for myself. Honestly, I don't know if is worth it.

At least, today, I got a better job, and things are settling down.

God bless all of you,

Sid.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 570>
  Share Topic