Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote computergeek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 2:40pm
I'm assuming that she does not qualify for refugee status?

My advice would be to consults with a good immigration attorney.  H&C applications can be complicated.
FSW applied 6/09, denied (med inadmissible) 12/11. JR leave granted 7/12, discontinued 9/12. Spousal app PPR 9/12. Landed 13 October 2012
OVERCOMERAGAIN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OVERCOMERAGAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by guitarguy guitarguy wrote:

Hi guys,

I also applied for H&C, and very happy to find this thread! Glad to hear so many good news with H&C application.

My timeline from CIC so far:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 5, 2013.
  2. We started processing your application on August 14, 2013.

I have a concern that I hope you guys have advice on:

My working permit extension just got rejected, and so I'm out of status now. The only thing I can do now is to restore my status as visitor. I heard that they only allow 6 months visitor visa, while the current processing time for H&C is 32-40 months Disapprove. Would I then be able to keep on renewing the visitor visa every 6 months until my application is approved? If you don't mind, can anybody share their experience of how to stay in Canada legally while waiting for the approval?

Thank you

I HAVE GOOD THOUGHTS TOWARDS YOU, SAITH THE LORD
OVERCOMERAGAIN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OVERCOMERAGAIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2013 at 4:01pm
Guitarguy, i suppose you could ask for extension  but I do not think you would get work permit until you have received first stage approvval on your H n C applicattion.  someone more knowledgeable can assist you here.
I HAVE GOOD THOUGHTS TOWARDS YOU, SAITH THE LORD
guitarguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitarguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2013 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by OVERCOMERAGAIN OVERCOMERAGAIN wrote:

Guitarguy, i suppose you could ask for extension  but I do not think you would get work permit until you have received first stage approvval on your H n C applicattion.  someone more knowledgeable can assist you here.

Thanks overcomeagain!!!

I guess there's nothing I can do now except applying for visitor visa and extend it every 6 months. Hopefully they will allow the extensions.
westendgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westendgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 12:39am
Hi Everyone,

Any update on your landing interviews?
Dg1980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dg1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 8:32am
Nothing my end Westend girl.
What about you? Any updates? Nov 29 will be two years since I got AIP.
I believe my medicals are expired too
Applied :2006
PRRA/H&C. Rejected : 2008
Judicial review sent back to redetermined : 2009
AIP H&C : nov 2011
Clearance : 07/2012
New medicals : 29/01/14
Decision Made:25/03/14
Landed : 27 March,2014
Rsidney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rsidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 8:39am
Hi guys,

Nothing on my side and the worst thing is, my work permit is due December of this year so is my passport which has been in Etobicoke office since I got my AIP back in March 2010. I can't renew my passport without the original, I've email them, fax the IO who is dealing with my application. Nothing I wont call the Call Centre because they're clueless like last time I called the guy told me "sorry but you have to wait like everybody else" I don't mind the waiting the problem is no news at all.

Sid

Transferred office June 2009

AIP received March 2010

April 2010 Medical Finger Fee Police

August 2012 new Medical

June 2013 Spouse Finger Medical Fee Police

November 2013 Landed

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westendgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 9:43am
Mine was 2 years in September after my AIP. My medical was completed in February of 2012. However, I was told by the call centre agent that my medical was extended so I know yours could be extended too. I had to renew my OHIP and work permit too this year. And it was done. 
Good news is that I received a  letter that they have completed my processing and have transferred my file to my local office and that the local office will schedule an interview with me. I am waiting for the interview letter now. 

Don't worry guys, you will receive it. I've been in Canada since 2002, did H&C in 2004. At some point I completely forgot about it. I kept renewing my open work permit and kept busy. My AIP in 2011 was like a shock because I thought that they had definitely lost my file. 

Even though my E-cas was showing that my file was in Etobicoke since 2004, my AIP was written in French by an officer from Montreal and everything else was done by them there until now.

Keep your faith guys, it is well.
Dg1980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dg1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 10:05am
Great news westendgirl!! rsidney I understand where you are coming from! I have done all you have done to no avail
I am wondering if it is where your file is located that makes the difference. Prayers and more prayers this too shall pass
Applied :2006
PRRA/H&C. Rejected : 2008
Judicial review sent back to redetermined : 2009
AIP H&C : nov 2011
Clearance : 07/2012
New medicals : 29/01/14
Decision Made:25/03/14
Landed : 27 March,2014

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westendgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2013 at 10:10am
Yes, just keep praying but also try to take your mind off it. I know its difficult but thinking about it will not help neither will it make it any faster. Just occupy yourself with positive things.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 570>
  Share Topic