Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 570>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Anabela Anabela wrote:

I believe it’s only if the refugee application is in process. Correct me if i am wrong but after its been denied you can apply to H&C

No you cant apply until 12 months have passed

Read;
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5291-humanitarian-compassionate-considerations.html
PirateZee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PirateZee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 11:15am
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/claim-protection-inside-canada/after-apply-next-steps/refusal-options/humanitarian-compassionate-grounds.html

You cannot apply for humanitarian and compassionate grounds if you had a negative decision from the IRB within the last 12 months. This is called the “one year bar.” (If the IRB decides your refugee claim is abandoned or withdrawn, that counts as a negative decision.) 

The bar does not apply if:
  • you have children under 18 who would be adversely affected if you were removed from Canada, or
  • you have proof that you or one of your dependants suffers from a life-threatening medical condition that cannot be treated in your home country.

Edited by PirateZee - 05 Nov 2018 at 7:25pm
hi616 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2018 at 4:49pm
hi guys,
Here is my timeline
application received june 2017
In process feb 2018
approved oct 2018
can someone tell me if I have to pay the work permit fees after the it got approved?
and can I apply for child beneficts ?
Ismeilda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ismeilda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 9:04am
hi,
Yes you need to pay 255$ for open work permit, before with AIP some people got refund but IRCC don't refund anymore. and if you were out of statut, you are not eligible for child benefit until you get PR.

Edited by Ismeilda - 06 Nov 2018 at 9:05am
hi616 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:13am
Thanks ismeilda but I got my AIP
Ismeilda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ismeilda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:20am
Congrats. few years ago when you got AIP, OWP was free of charge, but now even with AIP we need to pay for work permit. And AIP don't give any statut, so we have to wait for permanent residency to apply for Child benefit.
hi616 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hi616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 11:33am
Thanks ismeilda
ewanko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewanko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 2:59pm
Congratulation @hi616

@Imeilda - are you just waitin g for your passport request?
Ismeilda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ismeilda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 3:07pm
Since we are inland, they don't request to send passport but asked for passport bio page in last june and I still waiting for background checks to be done, Hopefuly soon...

No news for your AIP?
ewanko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ewanko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2018 at 3:20pm
Smile  -happy to hear your almost done.

I got my AIP last week of Sept. and applied already for my OWP.. Thank you!!  Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 244245246247248 570>
  Share Topic