Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232233234235236 570>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 2:44am
@ pocketful of dreams
I can tell you this I've been reading alot about H&C application
The big step in H&C is stage 1 so if you got an AIP
I think you are on the safe side unless if you have issues that makes you inadmissible other than the issues you applied an H&C application for
So stage 2 is about criminal history and medicals if you dont have issues with these, am sure you are ok

Edited by Dream2020 - 05 Sep 2018 at 2:51am
Pocketful of Dreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pocketful of Dreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 3:13am
the issue here is not mine. That's my husband's criminality 10 years ago. :( . He's convention refugee.
I'm principal applicant. I did not include him but after aip, they require him to accompany with me so my application got stuck from Aug last year (his police records submitted). I try to find anybody are dealing with family inadmissible but no ones like mine.

Dream2020 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 4:03am
Originally posted by Pocketful of Dreams Pocketful of Dreams wrote:

the issue here is not mine. That's my husband's criminality 10 years ago. :( . He's convention refugee.
I'm principal applicant. I did not include him but after aip, they require him to accompany with me so my application got stuck from Aug last year (his police records submitted). I try to find anybody are dealing with family inadmissible but no ones like mine.

Where is your husband, am a little confused
If you have Canadian childern and you apply for h&c what does it have to do with your husband, also you said you applied for spoual sponsorship so i assume your husband is a canadian resident so how come?
Nadel1997 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nadel1997 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 2:06pm
Dream from wt I understood is that her spousal application was refused bc of her husband's criminal conviction that's why she applied via h and c
Dream2020 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dream2020 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by Nadel1997 Nadel1997 wrote:

Dream from wt I understood is that her spousal application was refused bc of her husband's criminal conviction that's why she applied via h and c

I understand, but from what I understood also that her husband is canadian citizen (refugee)
Now his criminal conviction doesnt affect her since he was already admitted to canada meaning ; he is not inadmissible for the fact that he applied to sponsor her , if he was inadmissible to canada and he is not a resident or citizen he would make her inadmissible too since she is his spouse but that doesnt apply in this case , but I think she has issues that we dont know about , also she stated that after she got an AIP from her H&C application , they asked her to include her husband!! Why? , if he is already admitted to canada as a resident , why include him in the application?
HKLM View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HKLM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by boldon boldon wrote:

anyone here have triage of discrimination? can anyone show their timelines if your application is in this category? i just want to see if there is a trend in application wait times...

also i just read a report from the ircc - H&C decision makers have fallen short of productivity targets by approximately 50% hence the reason why decisions are slow to come. in 2016, the wait time is 23 months all up - now it is up to 31 months (official)

i would think that the recent influx of border crossers from the US is making an impact to this however IRCC is maintaining that these are different streams and that the IRB is responsible for refugee claimants

Hi boldon!
can you share the report link, please ? I mean the website or the reference ?

Edited by HKLM - 05 Sep 2018 at 4:21pm
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by rainbow rainbow wrote:

Hi guys I’m triage discrimination before it was straight then after awhile it was change to triage discrimination application received since april207 in process nov2017 and lost ecas access after that until now no ecas access after going in process and now going 17 months and no aip

Hi Rainbow - what is your grounds for applying H&C?
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 8:59pm

Hi boldon!
[/QUOTE]

Hi - here you go - https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/irb-report-en.pdf

sorry its an IRB report but it references H&C information in there too...
PirateZee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PirateZee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 11:12pm
Originally posted by boldon boldon wrote:

Hi boldon!

Hi - here you go - https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/pub/irb-report-en.pdf

sorry its an IRB report but it references H&C information in there too...

In this report at page 118 (printed # on page) is says:

Results to end of 2016/17:

In the last 12 months ending June 2017, H&C decisions had an average processing time of 23 months. Please note that this figure reflects all H&C decisions including those that are not failed refugee claimants. 

Edited by PirateZee - 05 Sep 2018 at 11:12pm
Pocketful of Dreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pocketful of Dreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 2:49am
my husband lost his PR, now he's protected person. IRCC told me that cos he's not PR so I have to include him. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 232233234235236 570>
  Share Topic