Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazzzzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2018 at 5:00pm
Hi M2018, 

When did you send the application to Vancouver? I haven't received AOR for 6 months! I guess not many people know if CIC has any 'normal' processing time. 

BTW, did you receive an email for AOR or mail? 
CARPE DIUM
mazzzzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazzzzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2018 at 6:11pm
What does the AOR say? I sent my app last July but nothing got so far.

Is it about that they have physically received your package? Or saying that they have started to process your files?
CARPE DIUM
mazzzzz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mazzzzz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 1:11pm
Yes. Nothing except that my courier informed me it was physically in the BC office. 

My lawyer said for online application AORs are generated automatically, but not for paper apps. Now what bothers me is that if they have a chance to even look at my package...
CARPE DIUM
ForDad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForDad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 2:24pm
This is an interesting conversation going on!
I sent mine last Feb. No communication in physical form from BR office until now (that is almost a year!). Online status said they have received and after 7 months that they have started processing!
Wonder why some people get acknowledgement and others don't? 
Can anyone explain this? I'd be interested to know. Thanks in advance.

Edited by ForDad - 25 Jan 2018 at 2:24pm
vhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 3:40pm
If you received an acknowledgement letter that means your application is approved. You will get it by mail or mostly email.After 12-14 months if your ecas changed to decission made without receiving email or mail that means your application is refused.
Pepsi_cola_79 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepsi_cola_79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 5:49pm
Hi @Vhan
Well i was reading about AOR you guys discussing.

I got a question on AOR.

may be you know i got refused on my first application.

I re applied in Oct 30th 2017
I received AOR On Nov 27 2017.
Its good sign or its a part of process??

Edited by Pepsi_cola_79 - 25 Jan 2018 at 5:52pm
vhan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vhan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 9:37pm
@pepsi AOR stands for acknowledgement of receipt. Acknowledgement letter is different. Before we received AIP, i called CIC to follow up our application and they said we'll have to wait for the acknowledgement letter and i believed it is the approval.
Pepsi_cola_79 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pepsi_cola_79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2018 at 9:58pm
Thanks@ Vhan
Elu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2018 at 8:17pm
Hi everyone it is my first time here.we (my kids and I) applied April 2017 and it was recived May 2017 and after that there is nothing. Can you please share your experiences? I am worried 😯 it is almost 10 months since we applied.

Edited by Elu - 28 Jan 2018 at 8:51pm
hoping31 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoping31 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2018 at 1:29am
@Elu- it depends on the officer that will handle your case  but you can check the status of your application online.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 151152153154155 570>
  Share Topic