Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rsidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 10:33am
Hi Afimiko,

I'm sorry to hear that is taking so long. My application is under H&C as well. I've been in Canada for 5 year. I decided to apply in 2008 my lawyer suggested two applications one under Skilled worker and "a backup plan" under H&C. I lost one year with the lawyer who couldn't care less with my case. Then I gave up the skilled worker application and did only the H&C. After a long year he put the application in April 2009. In June of 2009 my application was transfered to Etobicoke local office, in March of this year I got a call fro CIC asking for a copy of my new passport. A bunch of weird stuff happened and on March 23 I received AIP from CIC. On March 29 I got another letter asking for my original passport, pay the 490.00 fee, medical exams and police certificates. I have sent everything now I'm waiting for the interview letter. My lawyer had told me that my application would take 36 months to hear from CIC she was surprised that it didn't take that long. After I got the first letter she told me, it would take at least 12 months to hear from them again, and 6 days later I got another letter.

I think you should call them again, I don't understand why we have to wait for so long. I know it's hard but keep going and don't give up.

Sidney.

Edited by Rsidney - 05 Apr 2010 at 2:08pm
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 7:03pm
I just called the CIC , guess what ? Nothing new that they can tell me about my case...

westendgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westendgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 9:18am

Same here,

I have a H&C application since 2004 and I am still waiting for decision. I am not sure if this will ever come as all the people I know that filed after have received their decision (good or bad).

I have 2 young children and our lives have been hanging on this approval.

I am have a good job and have been with my employer for more than 4 years. I also have a property and car loan. I am concerned that the wait may be negative.

Please advise me if you or someone you know have gone through this before. Or if you have knowledge on how it works. My file had been at the Etobicoke Immigratin office for 6 years now.

Are there any steps I can take to make it quicker and positive?

Thanks,

Westendgirl

afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 8:45pm
I know a guy that just went thru a similar situation but then He got a cal from CIC once to bring his passport and they simply gave him the permanent residency... As simple as that !   He has been waiting for a little bit more than 4 years...

In my own case ; I just received a letter from CIC requesting me to fill all the forms again, otherwise they will decide based on what they have !!!
The same forms that I gave them already ( completely filled)...   I just don't understand it !!!    WHAT'S GOING ON ?!?!?!

Can somebody help me make sens of that one, please ?
After 2 and half years they just ask me to fill it one more time ?  And I have 30 days to do it or else !!!
right now I've only 2 weeks left to do that !   I don't know how or when simply because I'm working 2 jobs right now and barely gives me time to do toher things !!

umairq00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote umairq00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 2:24pm
Hi there,

Seems like many people are having problems and confusions regarding applying in the HCC category. I, myself was planning to apply under HCC category. I can apply in both Skilled Worker and HCC category and wanted to have an opinion about which one should be preferred.

This link shows that the processing time is about 22 months for the HCC applications. But by observing the time mentioned above by few members, it' doesn't look like this. 

Another thing is that when one has applied under the skilled worker or under HCC category, is it legal to work in Canada while waiting for the result?

Thanks, 
daniel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daniel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2011 at 9:28pm

Hello,

I want to thank every individual on this site for the great contributions you've all been adding to peoples life in thier immigration battle. God Bless you all for all the words of encouragement. Please i need a serious answer to this proble of mine. Here is my case bellow. thanks. Any imput will be appreciated.

Seek Refugee ;- Dec 05,2005
Case Denied:-  Sept ,2006
Married my wife:- March,2007
First Kid Came:- Nov ,2007
Sponsorship application submitted to Vegriville :- April,2007
Case Transfered to Local Office:- January 2008.
Second Kid:- Came june 2009
Local Office ask for more document :- march , 2010.
Local Office Sent a letter to me:- Eligibility Requirement Met.
Local Office Sent Another letter:- Interview schedule for December.
When for interview:- The immigration officer said that she will get back to me and my wife.
Decision made:- Sponsorship application refused. because my wife said that she doesn't love me again to the IO.
January 2011:- We separated because of her infidelity in the marriage.
January 2011:- I took her to court to get the 2 kids from her.
January 2011:- I was given the full custody of the 2 kids.
Febuary 2011:- I submitted H&C Application for PR.

Since then, i have not hard any thing from the immigration.I included the court order saying that i have the full custody of the kids in the application for the PR. Pls, do i stand a chance for my PR to be considered under H&C? and pls do you think that i can be approved for the H&C from Vegreville for the AIp? with out them transfering the file again to the local office? And how long can it takes for the H&C APPLICATION? Thanks and looking for your positive out come. God blesss you all.
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 9:57pm
July 2010 I was asked to fill out the IMM5001 again... I filled it and submitted it as requested and 3 weeks later ( August 2010 ) I was asked to provide passport and other IDs.
November 2010 : Submitted the passports and requested documents

March 2011 : Received the AIP ( First stage approval)
March 2011: received a letter requesting medical, police check and landing fees
April 2011: completed the medicals, police check and paid the landing fees

April 2011 until now : waiting game....

britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2011 at 10:10pm

Originally posted by afimiko afimiko wrote:

July 2010 I was asked to fill out the IMM5001 again... I filled it and submitted it as requested and 3 weeks later ( August 2010 ) I was asked to provide passport and other IDs.
November 2010 : Submitted the passports and requested documents

March 2011 : Received the AIP ( First stage approval)
March 2011: received a letter requesting medical, police check and landing fees
April 2011: completed the medicals, police check and paid the landing fees

April 2011 until now : waiting game....

Sounds pretty positive for you so far, perhaps CIC lost your IMM5001? After all they are only people that are processing your case, Did CIC request payment of landing fees? If so they do not usually do this unless PR is going to be issued! Sounds like you could be near the end Smile...Lets hope so! Every case is different and does not always take 22 months, thats just an average!
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 10:51pm
So whenever CIC asks an applicant to pay the landing fees that means a positive outcome ?

afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2011 at 10:56pm
uMairq00 :   It's perfectly normal to work while waiting for the results of your case...

I was working all the time, with a work permit. And they keep on renewing it each year or every 2 years...and It's a OWP that I've always had since 2001 !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 570>
  Share Topic