Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 524525526527528 570>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 7:58am
Hi Boldon: for my dad's file we paid the full fee (including the right of permanent residence fee) up front when we sent out the file to Vancouver BRO. In the case your file is rejected they refund the RPRF and in case it's approved it's one less thing to worry about.

When we got the next letter after AIP it asked for updated IMM 5669 and IMM5406, Medical exam, police certificate, passport pages, and financial info. I believe if we had not paid the RPRF then that would have also been included as a requirement in the second letter.

I don't have an electronic copy of the AIP as it came in the mail so I'll look for it tomorrow to see the wording on it.

If you've gotten your AIP then it is safe to assume the next letter asking you for documents will more likely be a 'formality'. And that it is safe to pay RPRF at this point. Although it doesn't hurt to wait til you get the next letter before paying it.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bushra - how long did you have to wait until you receive the next letter after AIP? we are currently touching on 42 months since we submitted our application and we just got AIP in May....
bushra1122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 9:25am
We got our AIP in the mail on November 1 2019 (it was approved on October 24 and mailed out from Vancouver). Our next letter was received by e-mail on March 6, 2020.

We were given a 30-day deadline for medicals and a 60-day deadline for all the other docs. Due to COVID-19 we had to ask for a few extensions to be able to submit the required documents as a lot of places were closed due to lock down. We were in direct contact with the officer who had sent us the e-mail and getting extensions was no problem. He always replied back on the next business day.

Our final submission was on May 19, 2020 and we got and e-mail on May 20, 2020 from the officer that all the paper work was complete and the file had been forwarded for final decision. On May 27, 2020 we got the CoPR in e-mail.

After AIP they're just fulfilling paperwork formalities before officially granting the PR. The main hurdle is the AIP. I hope your next letter is just around the corner.
Canadienne_1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadienne_1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 10:07am
Hi Bushra

We were sent the same letter after AIP asking for medicals, financial information, passport copies and IMM 5406E. My mom paid the RPRF fee upfront so that was not mentioned in the letter. The correspondence was received on June 23, 2020, and the medicals were completed the same day and the information they requested was also transmitted the same day as well.

My mom has passed the medicals and security, and the criminality is current in progress. How long do you you think we would have to wait before PR is granted.

Best

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Canadienne_1991 Canadienne_1991 wrote:

Hi Bushra

We were sent the same letter after AIP asking for medicals, financial information, passport copies and IMM 5406E. My mom paid the RPRF fee upfront so that was not mentioned in the letter. The correspondence was received on June 23, 2020, and the medicals were completed the same day and the information they requested was also transmitted the same day as well.

My mom has passed the medicals and security, and the criminality is current in progress. How long do you you think we would have to wait before PR is granted.

Best

That is such wonderful news. I can't honestly gauge exactly how long before you get CoPR but I would say it should be soon. It took us almost 11 weeks to get everything in to IRCC and by the time we got it in they had done their part (security and criminality). So they were just waiting for us to provide them with the required paperwork so they could issue the CoPR. Our file was in Toronto on May 20 and our CoPR came from Ottawa on May 27.

You were able to get it in all the required stuff at a lightning speed. So you may have to wait a few weeks, but then that's just my opinion. Good luck and hope to hear soon of your mother's CoPR.
Canadienne_1991 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadienne_1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2020 at 11:43pm
Thanks @Bushra

I received a call from Immigration on June 23, just before I was about to take my mom for her volunteering opportunity at our local food bank. I asked the officer if she could send my mom's medical papers in an hour then we could get the medicals done at the same time. The clerk then sent my mom's medical form along with our documentation, such as proof of financial stability, police clearance certificates, an updated immigration form, copy of her passport, Right for PR fee receipt. 

So, the medicals were done the same day, and sent to Immigration on the last week of June. Confirmation of medicals and security screening was received on July 7 2020. I provided all of the documentation they requested on June 23 2020 as well.

Keeping my fingers crossed - I hope she gets her CoPR soon.

Best of luck to all!
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 8:17am
[/QUOTE]

That is such wonderful news. I can't honestly gauge exactly how long before you get CoPR but I would say it should be soon. It took us almost 11 weeks to get everything in to IRCC and by the time we got it in they had done their part (security and criminality). So they were just waiting for us to provide them with the required paperwork so they could issue the CoPR. Our file was in Toronto on May 20 and our CoPR came from Ottawa on May 27.

You were able to get it in all the required stuff at a lightning speed. So you may have to wait a few weeks, but then that's just my opinion. Good luck and hope to hear soon of your mother's CoPR.[/QUOTE]

Hi  Bushra - how did you guys "land"? heard it is different now with the pandemic happening...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 9:49am
Hi Boldon - so we got a CoPR in the email and that was our 'landing.' The email advised to send one passport size picture to the address listed on the letter along with a copy of the CoPR to process the PR card. To be on the safe side we also sent a copy of the receipt that shows we had also paid the RPRF as well.

The letter advised there will be delays in receiving the PR card. Before COVID lockdown people were getting their PR cards within 4 weeks of their landing. Now it is longer. The IRCC website states about 3 months now for first time PR card.

Our letter and picture was delivered to the Ottawa office on June 1st. I have been able to link the application to the IRCC MY ACCOUNT to follow it's progress but there hasn't been any movement yet.
Godabovall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godabovall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2020 at 10:12pm
Hi guys my application changed to in process on June 23rd 2020 which was 9months after application received.I called IRCC call center today and was told my file has been moved to Toronto.Can anyone explain what this means?
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 7:43am
Originally posted by bushra1122 bushra1122 wrote:

Hi Boldon - so we got a CoPR in the email and that was our 'landing.' The email advised to send one passport size picture to the address listed on the letter along with a copy of the CoPR to process the PR card. To be on the safe side we also sent a copy of the receipt that shows we had also paid the RPRF as well.

The letter advised there will be delays in receiving the PR card. Before COVID lockdown people were getting their PR cards within 4 weeks of their landing. Now it is longer. The IRCC website states about 3 months now for first time PR card.

Our letter and picture was delivered to the Ottawa office on June 1st. I have been able to link the application to the IRCC MY ACCOUNT to follow it's progress but there hasn't been any movement yet.

thanks Bushra for the very detailed response - that "landing" was so uneventful considering the impact it has on our lives lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 7:32pm
Originally posted by Godabovall Godabovall wrote:

Hi guys my application changed to in process on June 23rd 2020 which was 9months after application received.I called IRCC call center today and was told my file has been moved to Toronto.Can anyone explain what this means?

Files can move between different locations due to various reasons. The main one is always workload share/distribution.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 524525526527528 570>
  Share Topic