Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 570>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
bushra1122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 8:11pm
@HandC2000 I understand what you're saying but the letter doesn't ask for a police certificate from home country at this point. It clearly states to provide one covering the past 10 years. And it states IRCC 'may' request one that covers you since you turned 18.

I had posted this query to find out if anyone else had a similar situation and if we should provide one from the home country even though the letter doesn't ask for it (yet).
HandC2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HandC2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 5:08pm
Hello bushra1122,

Even if your father has been here for 200 years, he still have to provide a police certificate to prove that he is free from any crime since he turned 18 years.

I am not very sure older people (75+) are allowed to submit police reports. You can check it out. 

They just want to see if there is any criminal record ever in his life from when he turned 18 years whether in Canada or elsewhere he stayed for at least 6 months.
UdayA
Cammy86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammy86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 4:44pm
@Hanc2000 congrats, I'm here reading and smiling as if it's my AIP. You're closer to your final stage. I'm so happy for you. For your open work permit I believe you can do either paper or online. You can't get health card yet without the owp or pr. Because the AIP is just an expectation granted letter and not your actual status in the country.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by HandC2000 HandC2000 wrote:

<span style="font-size: 11px;">bushra1122,</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px;">Police clearance is a requirement for PR in Canada. It is highly required for background and security checks to actually know who you are.</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 11px;">So they have to ask for one in due time, unless you have not spent 6 months or more since after you turned 18 years in that particular country. So what out for their communication soonest.</span>

Here's the part from the letter regarding police certificates:

"It is necessary that you and your dependent(s) spouse and any children over the age of 18, if applicable, provide police certificates from all countries in which you resided for period accumulating to 6 months or longer in the last 10 years, including Canada (RCMP fingerprints). If necessary, an officer may ask for additional police certificates from any time in your life since you were 18 years old.

These checks must be national and not just local. For more information on how to obtain a police certificate, please visit: http://www.cic.gc.ca/enGlIsH/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

The police certificates must include all criminal records under your name or confirm that you do not have a criminal record. You may be required to pay a fee to the agency. Please forward the police certificate(s) to this office together with, a certified translation document if the information submitted is not in English or French."

This is the exact quotation in the letter. My father has been in Canada since 2002 and hasn't left at all.
HandC2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HandC2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 3:23pm
Hi Strong-mom, 

How are you doing today? I now have my AIP from IRCC. It came through the post like your. Please have a couple of questions. 

1. How did you apply for OWP (online or paper)? What was your status when you applied? If you are out of status and you applied online, how did you respond to the question about your current status? I am out of status since 2014 and the system is asking for my status in Canada when I try to respond to eligibility questions. 

2. Since you live in Alberta (Edmonton), did you apply for Alberta drivers license and Alberta health card? Could you share with me how you did it and any special requirement from them? So how have you been? I know you're waiting and prepared for the final interview.

3. Anyone with clue to the questions is most welcomed to respond.
UdayA
HandC2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HandC2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 2:08pm
bushra1122,

Police clearance is a requirement for PR in Canada. It is highly required for background and security checks to actually know who you are.

So they have to ask for one in due time, unless you have not spent 6 months or more since after you turned 18 years in that particular country. So what out for their communication soonest.
UdayA
HandC2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HandC2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 2:02pm
Guys,

My H&C reasons were hardship in country of origin and establishment in Canada. Those were the basic reasons, plus other personal issues.

UdayA
HandC2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HandC2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 1:58pm
Baby G, AramV and others,

Thank you so much for your congratulatory messages. I really deeply appreciate.

My timeline is as follows:

1. Application received January 19, 2018.

2. AOR received January 26, 2018.

3. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 26, 2018.

4. Application In-Process December 14, 2018.

5. Approval In-Principle (AIP) February 13, 2020.

I received AIP letter in the mailbox.
UdayA

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 1:51pm
Is it possible for IRCC to not ask for a police certificate from home country even when you didn't submit one with the initial file.
DELROYSEH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DELROYSEH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2020 at 1:00pm
Congratulations Hand2000
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7778798081 570>
  Share Topic