Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 482483484485486 570>
Author
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 9:31am
Originally posted by PirateZee PirateZee wrote:

Its been 17 months no update; we contacted our MP to check with immigration. Here is what MP's office replied to us via email.

"""

I hope you are doing well. I have been in touch with the IRCC regarding your ongoing H&C application. Below are the details the agent I spoke with was able to share with our office at this time. The application is still within the average processing time. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our office.

IRCC:
-H&C application received 2018 (no set timeframe, Average 31 months)

-agent notes majority of H&C processing takes place during the last 6-12 months of the roughly 31 month period as a result of backlog

-currently no documents outstanding on the file (nothing requested)

"""

i think the IRCC call centre is pulling the MP office's leg - how can processing take place in the last 6 to 12 months when stage 2 alone takes 12 months. has anyone seen a file getting approved without getting first stage (ie direct to PR approval)
Nisha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 2:52pm
Hi ,                                                                                                                                                 As it been 24 month no update ; As i contacted our MP to check my App but i dont have my case no.
my laywer said nowdays irrc doesnt gives case no, so how can i see my app whether it has been in process or have they received or not.

;
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 5:25pm
Originally posted by Nisha Nisha wrote:

Hi ,                                                                                                                                                 As it been 24 month no update ; As i contacted our MP to check my App but i dont have my case no.
my laywer said nowdays irrc doesnt gives case no, so how can i see my app whether it has been in process or have they received or not.

;

You can give them application number (starts with H) or UCI (unique client ID). Both are on your acknowledgment of receipt.
baby g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2020 at 5:30pm
I really don't know what going on but if I count from june 2018 to January its 20 months, and if I count from July it would be 19teen month and know update still not in PROCESS yet. What is going on😔😔
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 7:43am
@Boldon That’s why I do not call Call Center. Every time you call them, they give a different info and they do not master basic immigration rules. They gave us incorrect information on rules for family sponsorship several times. Call center was my first job in Canada and I have seen it all - people have insufficient training and by the time training is over, more than half have already quit.
As we have seen it here, AIP takes 1,5-2 years and 2nd stage about a year. So clearly cannot fit it all within 6 months. Maybe the agent meant that most processing happens within 2nd stage (police, medicals etc.) which lasts 6-12 months, but this is not what we are interrested in - most of us (especially those under removal) are waiting for Stage 1 AIP to have legal status in Canada and plan for the future. My spouse is on PRRA and under removal. All I want is to get AIP so that CBSA suspends removal. I could not care less how many blood tests or police certificates they will request after that because I know he has clean medical/criminal files.
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 11:37am
Originally posted by Feltrinella Feltrinella wrote:

@Boldon That’s why I do not call Call Center. Every time you call them, they give a different info and they do not master basic immigration rules. They gave us incorrect information on rules for family sponsorship several times. Call center was my first job in Canada and I have seen it all - people have insufficient training and by the time training is over, more than half have already quit.
As we have seen it here, AIP takes 1,5-2 years and 2nd stage about a year. So clearly cannot fit it all within 6 months. Maybe the agent meant that most processing happens within 2nd stage (police, medicals etc.) which lasts 6-12 months, but this is not what we are interrested in - most of us (especially those under removal) are waiting for Stage 1 AIP to have legal status in Canada and plan for the future. My spouse is on PRRA and under removal. All I want is to get AIP so that CBSA suspends removal. I could not care less how many blood tests or police certificates they will request after that because I know he has clean medical/criminal files.

you hit every points right in the head Fetrinella but i dont think either call center agents or IRCC understands this predicament 
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 9:11pm
@Boldon - so true, we are just a number. And what’s worse - there is no systematic decision algorithm to these HC cases. It is so subjective and unpredictable...
baby g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2020 at 10:02pm
My question is this is there anything the lawyers can do for there client concerning the h&c not in process? because it way pass the 12 month's?. Any one can answer my question
Cammy86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cammy86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 9:33am
@babyg. H&C is an application that unfortunately makes you wait forever. There is nothing noone can do to get info or speed up the process. Honestly, the lawyers are useless because they can't do nothing either. To know if any thing happened on the file you'll have to request gcms notes. Whenever you call it's a headache because they keep reminding you that It's a 31 month processing time. 

baby g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baby g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2020 at 10:21am
CAMMY86 isn't the application have to be in PROCESS first before I can order gcms?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 482483484485486 570>
  Share Topic