Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 470471472473474 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 10:39am
I'm posting this here in case someone has any input to give.

We had applied for h&c for my father in March 2018. We were later told my mum could sponsor him in-Canada. So we submitted that file in September 2018. Turnaround time for a normal file is 12 months. Our file was going according to the guidelines. Medical passed Dec 2018, PCC & RCMP submitted January 201o, Sponsor eligibility passed April, applicant eligibility failed (due to the misrepresentation) so we got procedural fairness letter and we replied end of April requesting the file we assessed under H&C.

File got transferred to local office in July 2019 for review. Officer contacted us in August 2019 asking us to resubmit our H&C grounds. Start of October 2019 they contact our local CBSA asking for parts of my father's file. Start of November we get Stage 1 from Vancouver-BRO. 3rd week November we get email from officer asking us to send in a withdrawal request for sponsorship file as the Vancouver file was approved and will proceed.

I was curious to know the notes on sponsorship file so requested GCMS. I got them today and the most recent notes state file was referred specifically to CMB citizenship. Many parts of the notes were also erased. So we didn't get everything that was logged in by the officer.

I found that very odd. We had applied for PR and not citizenship. I know files are submitted to CMB if an exception or waiver is requested. And we requested exemption but referring the file to CMB specifically for citizenship didn't make sense.

Any ideas?
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by bushra1122 bushra1122 wrote:

We had applied for h&c for my father in March 2018. We were later told my mum could sponsor him in-Canada. So we submitted that file in September 2018. Turnaround time for a normal file is 12 months. Our file was going according to the guidelines. Medical passed Dec 2018, PCC & RCMP submitted January 201o, Sponsor eligibility passed April, applicant eligibility failed (due to the misrepresentation) so we got procedural fairness letter and we replied end of April requesting the file we assessed under H&C.

File got transferred to local office in July 2019 for review. Officer contacted us in August 2019 asking us to resubmit our H&C grounds. Start of October 2019 they contact our local CBSA asking for parts of my father's file. Start of November we get Stage 1 from Vancouver-BRO. 3rd week November we get email from officer asking us to send in a withdrawal request for sponsorship file as the Vancouver file was approved and will proceed.

I was curious to know the notes on sponsorship file so requested GCMS. I got them today and the most recent notes state file was referred specifically to CMB citizenship. Many parts of the notes were also erased. So we didn't get everything that was logged in by the officer.

I found that very odd. We had applied for PR and not citizenship. I know files are submitted to CMB if an exception or waiver is requested. And we requested exemption but referring the file to CMB specifically for citizenship didn't make sense.

Any ideas?

Was your father already a citizen? I remember you mentioned he became landed immigrant in 1990s (if I remember correctly), but I don’t remember if he received citizenship as well.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 5:53pm
So we received a very polite letter from our MP’s assistant that unfortunately HC cannot be accelerated at this stage. And we have to wait and hope PRRA does not get refused before HC is decided (and my spouse can remain in Canada).

I plan to ask for a brief reference letter to add to our file as I remember someone here requested such letter from MP. At this point, we are not losing anything - so if they refuse, so be it.
bushra1122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Feltrinella Feltrinella wrote:

Any ideas?

Was your father already a citizen? I remember you mentioned he became landed immigrant in 1990s (if I remember correctly), but I don’t remember if he received citizenship as well.

No he wasn't a citizen.
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 7:43pm

Any ideas?

No he wasn't a citizen.

I would not worry. Their division names do not always make sense.
For example, my spouse’s PRRA was sent to Backlog office though it has nothing to do with backlog.
Sometimes they also transfer file to other offices because they are less busy (to reduce backlog).
The important thing is that you have AIP.
bushra1122 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bushra1122 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 7:48pm

Any ideas?

No he wasn't a citizen.

For example, my spouse’s PRRA was sent to Backlog office though it has nothing to do with backlog.
Sometimes they also transfer file to other offices because they are less busy (to reduce backlog).

We have to withdraw this file anyways, I just found the notes to be off. Plus few lines have been omitted from the notes, heightening my curiosity further.

You're right though, AIP is what counts. Keep us posted about your husband's PRRA as well. Good luck!
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2019 at 8:44pm

Any ideas?

No he wasn't a citizen.

We have to withdraw this file anyways, I just found the notes to be off. Plus few lines have been omitted from the notes, heightening my curiosity further.

You're right though, AIP is what counts. Keep us posted about your husband's PRRA as well. Good luck!

Thanks Bushra! I asked MP assistant for reference letter to add to file - I will let you know if he agrees.
It was useful to have them follow up with immigration anyway - at least we know that neither PRRA nor HC have been rejected yet.
Cause our lawyer forgets things: he forgot to send us AOR for HC, and before that he forgot to send us removal order too. Imagine our shock when CBSA called him in for removal interview!
DELROYSEH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DELROYSEH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 1:27pm
Hello everyone I need you guys input on this matter,i have a friend who receive a eligible removal assessment a few months ago, and yesterday she received another letter from them stating that they have reached a decision on this matter anyone have been in this similar situation can shed some light on this experience
Thank in advance
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by DELROYSEH DELROYSEH wrote:

Hello everyone I need you guys input on this matter,i have a friend who receive a eligible removal assessment a few months ago, and yesterday she received another letter from them stating that they have reached a decision on this matter anyone have been in this similar situation can shed some light on this experience
Thank in advance

Sounds like Pre removal risk assessment. My spouse is currently waiting for his decision. The approval rate is 3% only so in most cases it is negative. If this is the case, CBsA will call him in directly for pre-removal interview and start booking tickets.

Next option is to fight for administrative deferral of removal (through lawyer). Some officers are nice and give people a few months to close their accounts in Canada, with the condition to come in for monthly check-ins.
DELROYSEH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DELROYSEH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 1:42pm
Thank you very Feltrinella for that info
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 470471472473474 570>
  Share Topic