Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soloboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 2:07pm
Hey guys,

I was finally landed last Thursday at the Etobicoke Office and became a PR, got my new sin, new health card in the same day. 

Here is my complete timeline on ECAS: 
- We received your application for permanent residence on July 24, 2017. 
- We started processing your application on April 10, 2018. We sent you correspondence on February 16, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. 
- We sent you medical instructions on February 17, 2019. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
-  Medical results have been received. 
- You entered Canada at the Etobicoke IRCC office on October 17, 2019 and became a Permanent Resident.

Don't know whether if they have changed policy this year, the IRCC office did not mail the CoPR to me, instead they send me an email directly with an appointment booked, I didn't have to grab my CoPR and call to book a landing appointment, is there anyone in this forum shares the same experience?

The Niagara Falls Office didn't ask me to send my passport probably because I'm a citizen of a visa-free country. 

soloboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soloboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 2:20pm
Actual timeline is:
Prepare Docs and Ready for Submit: May-Jul, 2017
AOR (Application received in Vancouver BRO): Jul 24, 2017
In Process (transfer to HM Toronto): Apr 10, 2018
AIP: (approved by HM Toronto, sent out by email) Nov 28, 2018
Medical and Police Check Request (after transferred to Niagara Falls HM): Feb 16, 2019
Criminality In Process: Feb 16, 2019
RCMP Screening Completed: Feb 16, 2019
Medical done: Mar 9, 2019
Medical documents and police check submitted: Mar 11, 2019
Medical Passed: Mar 21, 2019
Request for Financial Info (Asking if we are working): Aug 8, 2019
Decision Made: Oct 9, 2019
Landing Interview Invitation Letter (sent out by Etobicoke Office via email): Oct 10, 2019

On the interview day, I only got asked 3 questions by the immigration officer in the counter:
1. Have you been convicted any criminal charges?
2. Have you ever been refused to enter Canada or other countries?
3. Do you have any dependants and are you single?

After a min of waiting, the officer printed my "Record of Landing" paper and asked me to sign, one copy is for him and one copy is for me. I grabbed the paper and he congratulated me as a permanent resident. 

My appointment was 2:30pm, the officer calls out my name at around 2:40pm. The process was really quick, took about only 5 mins, and then I was done and ready to go to Service Canada to get a new SIN.

I hope everyone who is still waiting for their applications have the best of lucks and don't give up easily!!!

Ciribiri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ciribiri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 2:31pm
9blacksrose Did you reapply ? And did you get approval and if yes , after how long was second time ?

Edited by Ciribiri - 23 Oct 2019 at 7:50pm
Faith2014 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faith2014 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 5:17pm
Hello 9blacksrose,what makes you think the longer they take to process the is a high chance of being approved?.dream2030 application took 30 months and it was being refused
oudsoleil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oudsoleil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 5:21pm
Hi, for those who got AIP and applied for a work permit, what status did you put under "immigration status in canada"? Permanent Resident? Other?
Y2k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Y2k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 5:23pm
Congraculation Soloboy. My file was moved from Vancouver to Niagara Folls after almost 2years of waiting . I called n was Informed that nothing has been done yet n no AIP . I'm not sure why they transferred the file . I'm so concerned with a remove order any time, no AIP, in process since sept 2018. my MP is involved but has not been able to make any impacts on the file. I'm not sure what to do next. They did not communicate about the transfer which I think they should have done , the file was tranfered in July 2019. Is this nomal? Any advise please .
che View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote che Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 5:25pm
Congrats soloboy
Godabovall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godabovall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 6:32pm
Congratulations soloboy....Enjoy your stay
9blacksrose View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9blacksrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2019 at 10:42pm
Yes I did reapply and my application just changed to in process after 15 months of application receive.
alex0011 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alex0011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2019 at 11:55am
I applied on april 2017 , and came to my home country
on 30 nov 2018 ,
And in ECAS It shows DECISIOM MADE
on 20 oct , please rply
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 442443444445446 570>
  Share Topic