Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 393394395396397 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by Canadianmomof2 Canadianmomof2 wrote:

Congrats on your PR card!
I just think it’s weird they asked for a new one, I’m pretty sure they can see that he’s had no run ins with the law.
normally it takes 120 days if there was any criminal records , try to provide them the letter that you were given 60 days to submit it , if there is a way to do so. Good luck
Alien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 10:10pm
Originally posted by park1996 park1996 wrote:

Hey guys, I got my PR Card today. I guess my H&C journey is officially over.

I'll probably still come back every now and then, but otherwise best of the luck with all of you
congratulations park!! Enjoy the best summer ever ! All the best !
park1996 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote park1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2019 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Alien Alien wrote:

I just think it’s weird they asked for a new one, I’m pretty sure they can see that he’s had no run ins with the law.
normally it takes 120 days if there was any criminal records , try to provide them the letter that you were given 60 days to submit it , if there is a way to do so. Good luck

I think a more practicable way is to tell IRCC that there is a delay and ask for an extension (which I think would be given). That's probably gonna be easier than asking RCMP to rush. When it comes criminal or sth RCMP is probably just gonna ignore all requests and do whatever they want.
Canadianmomof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadianmomof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 12:02am

I think a more practicable way is to tell IRCC that there is a delay and ask for an extension (which I think would be given). That's probably gonna be easier than asking RCMP to rush. When it comes criminal or sth RCMP is probably just gonna ignore all requests and do whatever they want.

Definitely, when we submitted the first one that was requested when they first started processing the application we just submitted proof that we had applied for the RCMP check and the lawyer says we should do the same this time. One thing that worries me is that my husband had a child when he was very young (she’s 16 now) and he has no way to contact the mom to ask for the medical exam that was requested. Anyone on this forum experience a similar issue?
park1996 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote park1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 4:45pm

Definitely, when we submitted the first one that was requested when they first started processing the application we just submitted proof that we had applied for the RCMP check and the lawyer says we should do the same this time. One thing that worries me is that my husband had a child when he was very young (she’s 16 now) and he has no way to contact the mom to ask for the medical exam that was requested. Anyone on this forum experience a similar issue?

per https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/exam/who-must-submit-immigration-medical-examination.html, I think he will have to either get it done or apply for an exemption. But interestingly they used the word "who have applied" for refugee status but not "who are granted" refugee status. Not sure how that means and I'm not a lawyer, but does it also mean that as long as your husband had a refugee claim it's all good? Talk to a lawyer I guess.
Canadianmomof2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Canadianmomof2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2019 at 8:50pm

Definitely, when we submitted the first one that was requested when they first started process

Thing the application we just submitted proof that we had applied for the RCMP check and the lawyer says we should do the same this time. One thing that worries me is that my husband had a child when he was very young (she’s 16 now) and he has no way to contact the mom to ask for the medical exam that was requested. Anyone on this forum experience a similar issue?

per <a href="https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/exam/who-must-submit-immigration-medical-examination.html" rel="nofollow">https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/exam/who-must-submit-immigration-medical-examination.html</a>, I think he will have to either get it done or apply for an exemption. But interestingly they used the word "who have applied" for refugee status but not "who are granted" refugee status. Not sure how that means and I'm not a lawyer, but does it also mean that as long as your husband had a refugee claim it's all good? Talk to a lawyer I guess.

Hi Park, the wording definitely makes it sound like because he had applied for refugee it should be exempt, but when he had to have his medicals done for the refugee claim, the said his daughter would be exempt.
The lawyer said we have to give details on the situation and the fact that he has no way to contact the child. It’s very sad, but I believe he will also have to sign a declaration saying that he will never be able to sponsor her.
Alien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2019 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Ismeilda Ismeilda wrote:

Need an urgent help from valueable group members Please try to answer my question or anyone who had to go through similar problem . I went meet my mom’s lawyer to talk about submitting the financial information. What she told me due to my low income of 2018 I can’t decalre that I am responsible for her every expenses, I have personal savings of around 10k which I can only show and my part time job ifrom where I receive approximately 1200$ per months which is not sufficient. My mom applied for her work permit but no news yet so now she needs a job offer to show support for herself . I’m trying hard to get one looks like I can’t . What should I do now ? Should I stop going to school? I don’t want to leave my school in middle of the season and look for a full time job where mom is ready to work but can’t start until she has her work permit . What can i do now ? Lawyer said it gona weaken the financial situation. Any help please !!! 🙏

Hi Alien, happy to see your mother File is going forward.

First of all, I'm not a lawyer and your lawyer must have her reason to think that your current low income will negatively impact your file.

But in my opinion, unlike other immigration stream, I dont think that on H&C, financial got so much impact (unless on whelfare and don't want to stop after work permit granted). I don't think you will be refused stage 2 because your income don't meet LICO.

you managed to live while paying for expensive treatment and others stuff ( rent, food, school manual, ...)  and still got some saving, dont be afraid to explain that.

IRCC fear is that after approval, new PR turn themself under gouv financial support. So explain how your mother just wait for her work permit to start working and contribute to the society ( she already doing so without salary tho, so no problem ) and that some proof of her work situation ( job offer, paysub) will follow as soon as she start working.

Some H&C applicant got approoved with only friend financial support proof, or back home saving or back home family support, so don't worry to much you already got AIP, right? keep praying and stop worrying that much , my friend.

Did your mom have any income from back home to add to your saving proof and paysubs?
HI SMEILDA , today I called to cic and the agent told me on 30 May they sent the request for CSQ to midi, do you know when midi gona contact me ? I even called midi but the agent told me I need to fill up the application for csq then they will provide the csq. I’m out of idea , who gona send me the application, the agent was telling me it’s federal, honestly I understood nothing. Any Info I will really appreciate that. Next month I need to buy another health insurance for my mom and I don’t want to spend another 2k for couple of months.
Ismeilda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ismeilda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 9:07am
[/QUOTE] HI SMEILDA , today I called to cic and the agent told me on 30 May they sent the request for CSQ to midi, do you know when midi gona contact me ? I even called midi but the agent told me I need to fill up the application for csq then they will provide the csq. I’m out of idea , who gona send me the application, the agent was telling me it’s federal, honestly I understood nothing. Any Info I will really appreciate that. Next month I need to buy another health insurance for my mom and I don’t want to spend another 2k for couple of months. [/QUOTE]

I Alien, In my opinion no need to pay 2k for only 3-4 month. 

That certain you gonna wait 3 month before your mom got her card. but please call today to open your mom file at RAMQ they will give you 45days to bring CSQ and Work permit, mean while your 3months waiting will already start.

June will count for the entire month even if you call today, so your mom will wait for 2.5month or so. This is how I did it.

For my CSQ it's took exactly 3 weeks to receive the letter from MIDI after IRCC sent informed them, then 1 week to send them all the files they asked and 2 weeks to issue my CSQ.

You should get your letter this week or next week, try call back MIDI to talk to another agent.
I will send you what MIDI asked me on their letter when I reach home. IN-box me your email if you want.

mdr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 10:19am
Hello everyone. New to this forum but have been following some of the progress for the last couple of months. Congrats to those that have received approvals. Wait time is over. Not for us though.
Has anyone tried the telephone system lately and is unable to get through to listen to status on the H&C application? I have been trying it for days now only to get disconnected. There is a message every time where it says right of the bat that the system is encountering errors.

Any thoughts? Anyone here.

Greatly appreciated.
Optimistic
Anabela View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anabela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2019 at 1:07pm
Yes. System is down for file status. O guess we’ll have to wait. Whats your timeline?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 393394395396397 570>
  Share Topic