Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 383384385386387 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cfi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 9:43pm
45 days almost for file number
Feltrinella View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feltrinella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2019 at 11:06pm
Originally posted by cfi cfi wrote:

45 days almost for file number

Thanks a lot!
Alien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 12:19am
Originally posted by boldon boldon wrote:

Originally posted by soon2bcanadian soon2bcanadian wrote:

Thankyou , your words of encouragement are lifting me up....yes I’m going to cry until someone listens to me, I’m alone guys I have no one here with me , these words of encouragement are a blessing. I’m in Ottawa Ontario, anyone around here? Does the montreal Mp also help Ontario residents as well, if not does anyone have the np number for Ottawa Ontario ? How long does PRRA take to process ? Remember my H&C is only one month old, I need Atleast 20months before first decision . Ohh God I ask for your strength ! Takeover jehovah ! I’m going to ask my lawyer tomorrow for an appointment to meet her and we discuss, I will keep you all updated .

it seems to me that the number and address provided is the prime minister (justin trudeau's) details...
yes this is our prime ministers office but he is my area deputy from federal . This ofifce handles all sort immigration files. They have been giving updates in every 3 months about my mom’s application. I asked soontobecanadian to contact there , they can speck with an officer regarding his removal and I think only they can give a last try to stop it . We never know , no harm to give a try.

Edited by Alien - 24 May 2019 at 12:20am
Alien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Feltrinella Feltrinella wrote:

Friends who applied HC recently (last 12 months): how long did you wait for Acknowledgment of receipt?

My spouse applied early April. Nothing yet. Lawyer says still too early.
it should take time now a days about 15 month to get the AIP .
Alien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 12:22am
I just checked the telephone automatic call and it says they have started checking background of my mom. Any idea how long it takes ?
DELROYSEH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DELROYSEH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 11:02am
It take 3week for me to receive acknowledgements receipt
sam1298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam1298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Alien Alien wrote:

I just checked the telephone automatic call and it says they have started checking background of my mom. Any idea how long it takes ?

Hi alein... if u recieve aip .. will the aoutomatic call still says that we chrcking wether u meet the eligibilty or it changes?
sam1298 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sam1298 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 4:23pm
As my ecas showed yesterdag that medical have been recieved and the call system says i have passed the medical exam finally let wait for good news hopefully;)
park1996 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote park1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 5:17pm
I officially became Canadian Permanent Resident today!

Gonna talk about the experience now...

I did it at IRCC Vancouver. I heard it is a busy office and I was literately preparing to spend the whole hour in there. But when we got there it was really just half full (consider the waiting area is even smaller than a conventional bus that's actually pretty impressive). The letter said "admission starts 10 mins before appointment" and "only the principle applicant and their interpreter are allowed" but it wasn't actually the case. We got admitted 15 min or so ahead and my legal counsel was also allowed to go in without even being checked for his id or bar membership. Only one couple landed before me and my name was called next like 10 mins after our arrival. The Immigration Officer is like one of the nicest you could ever get. He's a middle-aged guy and was really caring. He allowed my legal counsel to preside on the side as well (which isn't required by IRPA) and I was very very anxious due to my mental health issue and he was literately calming me down throughout the entire process. He kept saying "it's OK", "it's going to be a short process" etc. My counsel also helped me a lot. I thought I would have to be standing for the interview but there were seats and I was able to do it sat down. He first confirmed whether I have any travel plans in the next 2 months and asked for photos. The interesting thing is that they said they only need one photo as well and it will only be on the IRCC side copy of CoPR but not mine. I was worried it may look ugly but it looks like I was worrying too much. Then confirmed my biometrics: eye colour and height (which they put 3 cms less than actual), and also the first and last entry into Canada. Then he asked those statotury questions like if I was ever removed and if I have convicted for crimes etc. Finally we checked the CoPR, he invalidated my permits and I signed then that's all. It's all finished before I knew it. I'm really glad to have both a nice counsel and officer for me and may God bless both of them!

A small tip for those of you going into a landing appointment: bring a plastic legal-sized envelope if possible. CoPR will only be issued once and it's a LEGAL SIZED (slightly longer than letter size or A4) paper. It's very important and if you don't bring one you'll find it hard to bring it home without folding it. You're not allowed to laminate it but put in a removable envelope should be fine. I didn't realize that but I dropped by Staples immediately after landing and ended up paying $13 for 5 envelopes (they don't have single ones available).

All best of luck with all of you. I'll probably update again once I get my PR card but for now that's really it. Thank you all for all your support!
Alien View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by park1996 park1996 wrote:

I officially became Canadian Permanent Resident today!

Gonna talk about the experience now...

I did it at IRCC Vancouver. I heard it is a busy office and I was literately preparing to spend the whole hour in there. But when we got there it was really just half full (consider the waiting area is even smaller than a conventional bus that's actually pretty impressive). The letter said "admission starts 10 mins before appointment" and "only the principle applicant and their interpreter are allowed" but it wasn't actually the case. We got admitted 15 min or so ahead and my legal counsel was also allowed to go in without even being checked for his id or bar membership. Only one couple landed before me and my name was called next like 10 mins after our arrival. The Immigration Officer is like one of the nicest you could ever get. He's a middle-aged guy and was really caring. He allowed my legal counsel to preside on the side as well (which isn't required by IRPA) and I was very very anxious due to my mental health issue and he was literately calming me down throughout the entire process. He kept saying "it's OK", "it's going to be a short process" etc. My counsel also helped me a lot. I thought I would have to be standing for the interview but there were seats and I was able to do it sat down. He first confirmed whether I have any travel plans in the next 2 months and asked for photos. The interesting thing is that they said they only need one photo as well and it will only be on the IRCC side copy of CoPR but not mine. I was worried it may look ugly but it looks like I was worrying too much. Then confirmed my biometrics: eye colour and height (which they put 3 cms less than actual), and also the first and last entry into Canada. Then he asked those statotury questions like if I was ever removed and if I have convicted for crimes etc. Finally we checked the CoPR, he invalidated my permits and I signed then that's all. It's all finished before I knew it. I'm really glad to have both a nice counsel and officer for me and may God bless both of them!

A small tip for those of you going into a landing appointment: bring a plastic legal-sized envelope if possible. CoPR will only be issued once and it's a LEGAL SIZED (slightly longer than letter size or A4) paper. It's very important and if you don't bring one you'll find it hard to bring it home without folding it. You're not allowed to laminate it but put in a removable envelope should be fine. I didn't realize that but I dropped by Staples immediately after landing and ended up paying $13 for 5 envelopes (they don't have single ones available).

All best of luck with all of you. I'll probably update again once I get my PR card but for now that's really it. Thank you all for all your support!
congratulations park !! Really good news ! Happy for you that finally hard work paid off . Now you can enjoy your life and travel anywhere! May God fulfill everyone’s desire and may all get approval . Thank you for your info . Please visit this site sometimes , don’t forget us :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 383384385386387 570>
  Share Topic