Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 297298299300301 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 8:12pm
Congratulations park!! Question : did you do your police clearance & paid permanent residency feesup front ? if I want to do for my mom , will it create any problem as she has no status now ?
park1996 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote park1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Alien Alien wrote:

Congratulations park!! Question : did you do your police clearance & paid permanent residency feesup front ? if I want to do for my mom , will it create any problem as she has no status now ?

I did both upfront. Police Certificate-wise I don't think it would cause any issues as long as your countries does not require a letter from IRCC to do it or anything. It kinds of saves your work at the later stage. RPRF is kind of interesting, the idea is that there will be a refund if the 1st stage is refused but it may take long. So short answer is, if you want to make your life easier and has the money to do it, do it upfront. If you don't want to deal with the cost of PC and the refund of RPRF in case it's refused, do it later.
soloboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soloboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:02pm
Haven't post here for a while, so would like to update a bit. 
The GCMS notes I ordered on late November finally arrived in my email a few days ago, it contains updated files after my AIP is given. Here are some new findings I got from my new GCMS notes:

- It is written bold on the second page of my AIP letter "Your exemption was granted, in part, due to the hardship you would face if you have to leave Canada and apply from outside of the country as usually required. If you leave Canada, there is no guarantee that you will be re-admitted so that you can continue with this application". (I didn't know that AIP letter was two pages, my lawyer only gave me the first page😥)

- "Your file being returned to Humanitarian Migration Niagara Falls at 4318 Portage Road Niagara Falls, Ontario L2E 6A4 for continued processing. If you require clarification, more information, or wish to provide a change of address or other information, please to write to that office, visit the CIC Web site or telephone the call centre."

- And then there is a form filled by a senior immigration officer stating the reasons we got approved (more like he summarized the documentation we gave to create a little essay).

soloboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soloboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by park1996 park1996 wrote:

I did both upfront. Police Certificate-wise I don't think it would cause any issues as long as your countries does not require a letter from IRCC to do it or anything. It kinds of saves your work at the later stage. RPRF is kind of interesting, the idea is that there will be a refund if the 1st stage is refused but it may take long. So short answer is, if you want to make your life easier and has the money to do it, do it upfront. If you don't want to deal with the cost of PC and the refund of RPRF in case it's refused, do it later.

Park1996 I remember I got AIP days after yours, but so far I haven't got asked to do anything like Med Exam or Background check. I remember your previous post said that you have a mental disorder so that you gotta do the med exam, is it correct? Do you think you will be asked to do another one before landing?

Thanks for answering, I'm just being curious. 
park1996 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote park1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by soloboy soloboy wrote:

Park1996 I remember I got AIP days after yours, but so far I haven't got asked to do anything like Med Exam or Background check. I remember your previous post said that you have a mental disorder so that you gotta do the med exam, is it correct? Do you think you will be asked to do another one before landing?

The idea is that if you MIGHT be inadmissible to Canada, whether you say it out loud or the officer believes that is the case, there will be a medical examination conducted. Think the H&C decision like a score game. Medical inadmissibilities are negative scores but if you already have a very high score (strong H&C reasons), the officer would want you to do an ME so they could see how negative score it is and whether it will make your application below or still above the passing line after added up.

It is the case for all medical exams - it's about the expiration and officer's decision. The idea is that usually if you did one ME within 1 year of landing, you won't need to do another one because MEs are usually valid for 1 year from the date of examination. However, I think the officer reserves the right to ask you to do another one if they feel your health changes dramatically. They also have the power to extend the validity - say if you have an ME expiring tomorrow and your landing date is next week, it wouldn't make sense for them to ask you another ME right? So the officer can extend it. I heard the general idea is they can extend it up to a year if you have never left Canada after your last ME.
park1996 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote park1996 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2019 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by soloboy soloboy wrote:

Answer your question: I'd be okay with doing another one but I think based on the current timeframe I think I'll land before this July (expiration time of my ME). So no I don't think I need another one.
boldon View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boldon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 11:19am
Originally posted by ladylin ladylin wrote:

Hello Guys up till now i have not received the request to go do police report and pay the RPRF fees. I was sent med req since april 2018 that is done. I called CIC this morning instead of asking for my application number, she asked for my client iD number. she then told me, that there was a note(form) saying to pay rprf and police report if applicable. Could you believe she said it was sent since April 2018 with my medical request, my lawyer didnt receive and neither did i receive it.The only thing they received is my medicals. please anyone who has a simple of the form to direct me to the page or send me a sample of the police and rprf fee form. I called again, was lucky to speak to someone in the space of 45 mins. she said they have sent a message to them  to resend it. This is so disappointing. i am glad i caught this now cos i was wondering why send me medical and not others.

ladylin congratulations and good thing you persevered in chasing after this

presumably you have received your AIP? did it say anything in your ecas or in your gcms notes that AIP has been granted? apologies if you have mentioned this in the earlier pages - too much back reading lol

i was just wondering in our case - they have received our application on january 2017 and started processing in aug 2017. but up until now nothing. there was also nothing in the gcms notes....
ladylin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladylin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by boldon boldon wrote:

Hello Guys up till now i have not received the request to go do police report and pay the RPRF fees. I was sent med req since april 2018 that is done. I called CIC this morning instead of asking for my application number, she asked for my client iD number. she then told me, that there was a note(form) saying to pay rprf and police report if applicable. Could you believe she said it was sent since April 2018 with my medical request, my lawyer didnt receive and neither did i receive it.The only thing they received is my medicals. please anyone who has a simple of the form to direct me to the page or send me a sample of the police and rprf fee form. I called again, was lucky to speak to someone in the space of 45 mins. she said they have sent a message to them  to resend it. This is so disappointing. i am glad i caught this now cos i was wondering why send me medical and not others.

ladylin congratulations and good thing you persevered in chasing after this

presumably you have received your AIP? did it say anything in your ecas or in your gcms notes that AIP has been granted? apologies if you have mentioned this in the earlier pages - too much back reading lol

i was just wondering in our case - they have received our application on january 2017 and started processing in aug 2017. but up until now nothing. there was also nothing in the gcms notes....

Hello Boldon, 

I have received my AIP since Feb 1 2018. it didn't say AIP approved in my Ecas. I didn't order Gcm Notes. This is what is on my Ecas at the moment,
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on March 23, 2017.
  2. We started processing your application on October 10, 2017.
  3. We sent you correspondence on April 11, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. Medical results have been received.
they were suppose to have sent me the other form(pcc and rprf form April 11 2018 but it didnt come to me or my lawyers. i dont know what happen. will wait for them to resend it while i get things together before tey send the letter
ladylin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladylin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 12:42pm
I read somewhere else i cant remember once they give you AIP it will be in your GSM notes.
soloboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soloboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2019 at 2:30pm

I read somewhere else i cant remember once they give you AIP it will be in your GSM notes.

Yes, it will states as "Stage 1 Passed" on your GCMS notes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 297298299300301 570>
  Share Topic