Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 570>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westendgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2014 at 11:52pm
Amen and Amen!
Thanks Overcomeragain.
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 9:03am
Hello guys,
could you please advise which visa office in Canada to choose as "Immigration office requested for processing the application" in the application for in Canada processing? Is it the same office CIC-Backlog Reduction Office in Vancouver, BC?
Thank you in advance.
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 12:58pm
Hi

Originally posted by smartin smartin wrote:

Hello guys,
could you please advise which visa office in Canada to choose as "Immigration office requested for processing the application" in the application for in Canada processing? Is it the same office CIC-Backlog Reduction Office in Vancouver, BC?
Thank you in advance.

1. Read the instructions.
2. In Canada spousal applications are sent to Mississauga first, then they are processed in Vegreville. After first level approval, they are sent to the CIC address closet to your residence. As you are in BC it would the Vancouver CIC on Hornby St. , You don't have to specify the processing office, as it goes to Vegreville. You can put that in if you wish.

Edited by pmm - 21 Mar 2014 at 1:04pm
PMM
mary kenneth View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mary kenneth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2014 at 6:00pm
applied for H&C March 2009 june 2013 asked for medical , December 2013 asked for police clearance ,feb 2013 contacted CIC only to be told to wait 6 more month for the decision. very depressed ,living in limbo for 5 yrs
mariak
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by pmm pmm wrote:

Hi

Hello guys,
Thank you in advance.

2. In Canada spousal applications are sent to Mississauga first, then they are processed in Vegreville. After first level approval, they are sent to the CIC address closet to your residence. As you are in BC it would the Vancouver CIC on Hornby St. , You don't have to specify the processing office, as it goes to Vegreville. You can put that in if you wish.

1. Instructions say:
"Question 4 Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application:
    Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:
        your country of nationality, or
        the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year.

Note: Do not select the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above."

There's nothing mention about the particular office in Canad the application should be sent to.

2. We are not in BC. And nowhere in my post I mentioned that we are from BC nor that we applying for spousal sponsorship. It's the Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds application and there's no need to prove any spousal income while applying under these grounds. According to the instructions guide all the paperwork must be sent to CIC-Backlog Reduction Office in Vancouver, BC for initial assessment.

My question was which office to chose for the second stage processing.

Thanks any way.

Edited by smartin - 22 Mar 2014 at 6:34pm
pmm View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2014 at 8:15pm
Hi

Originally posted by pmm pmm wrote:

Hi

Hello guys,
Thank you in advance.

1. Instructions say:
"Question 4 Immigration Office requested for the processing of your application:
    Indicate the name of the Immigration Office which serves:
        your country of nationality, or
        the country in which you are residing, provided that you have been lawfully admitted to that country for at least one (1) year.

Note: Do not select the Centralized Intake Office (CIO) as the immigration office requested to process your application. Although you may be required to submit your application to the CIO, you must indicate the name of an appropriate visa office using the criteria above."

There's nothing mention about the particular office in Canad the application should be sent to.

2. We are not in BC. And nowhere in my post I mentioned that we are from BC nor that we applying for spousal sponsorship. It's the Humanitarian and Compassionate grounds application and there's no need to prove any spousal income while applying under these grounds. According to the instructions guide all the paperwork must be sent to CIC-Backlog Reduction Office in Vancouver, BC for initial assessment.

My question was which office to chose for the second stage processing.

Thanks any way.

1. You asked if ir was "the same office as the CIC reduction office in Vancouver" So I assumed that you were in BC.
2. You don't specify the office, as Vegreville will send it to the closest office to where you reside in Canada.
PMM
smartin View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smartin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2014 at 11:01pm
Originally posted by guitarguy guitarguy wrote:

Update on my application:I finally got the initial approval letter in my hand. It says that I need to send them proof of employment and/or reason why I am not working. I already stated in my application that I'm self employed musician/music teacher and a small business owner. I also submitted some reference letters from my students and musicians I played with, plus my business license. Should I just explain that again, and send the letters again? Any suggestions, anybody? Thanks

Hello Quitarguy, any updates on your application? Have you received your temporary residence restoration? Did you manage to send them proof of employment?

Edited by smartin - 25 Mar 2014 at 11:03pm
Dg1980 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dg1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 1:50pm
Hi all my Fellow H&C folks Afimiko, Daniel Rsidney, overcomer, westendgirl et al, got a call today from CiC Etobicoke, tomorrow morning 9AM is my Landing interview. She asked me "if I could make it for that time" I told her today was quiet fine as well THE WAIT IS OVER! PRAISE JESUS! will still have the others waiting in my thoughts and also give an input if needed
Applied :2006
PRRA/H&C. Rejected : 2008
Judicial review sent back to redetermined : 2009
AIP H&C : nov 2011
Clearance : 07/2012
New medicals : 29/01/14
Decision Made:25/03/14
Landed : 27 March,2014
guitarguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote guitarguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 2:04pm

Hello Quitarguy, any updates on your application? Have you received your temporary residence restoration? Did you manage to send them proof of employment?

I did my medical, and I wrote a letter saying that I was self employed, along with some reference letters from my students and fellow musicians I worked with, also my business license and transaction record. Hopefully that will satisfy them.

And yes, I got my visitor record, valid until 2016!
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2014 at 3:15pm
Originally posted by Dg1980 Dg1980 wrote:

Hi all my Fellow H&C folks Afimiko, Daniel Rsidney, overcomer, westendgirl et al, got a call today from CiC Etobicoke, tomorrow morning 9AM is my Landing interview. She asked me "if I could make it for that time" I told her today was quiet fine as well THE WAIT IS OVER! PRAISE JESUS! will still have the others waiting in my thoughts and also give an input if needed

Hello Dg1980 !

What a relief !    Congratulations Dg1980 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    Clap 
Nov 07:H&C received by Vegreville
Jan 08 :transferred to Etobicoke
June 10: request updated FORMS & ppt
Feb 11:AIP rcvd
Apr 11:medical,police & fees.
Feb 14:DM,approved,
Feb 28th: Landed in Etobicoke
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4344454647 570>
  Share Topic