Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Family Class Sponsorship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

H&C PR application

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567568569570>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 8:45pm
I know a guy that just went thru a similar situation but then He got a cal from CIC once to bring his passport and they simply gave him the permanent residency... As simple as that !   He has been waiting for a little bit more than 4 years...

In my own case ; I just received a letter from CIC requesting me to fill all the forms again, otherwise they will decide based on what they have !!!
The same forms that I gave them already ( completely filled)...   I just don't understand it !!!    WHAT'S GOING ON ?!?!?!

Can somebody help me make sens of that one, please ?
After 2 and half years they just ask me to fill it one more time ?  And I have 30 days to do it or else !!!
right now I've only 2 weeks left to do that !   I don't know how or when simply because I'm working 2 jobs right now and barely gives me time to do toher things !!

westendgirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westendgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 2010 at 9:18am

Same here,

I have a H&C application since 2004 and I am still waiting for decision. I am not sure if this will ever come as all the people I know that filed after have received their decision (good or bad).

I have 2 young children and our lives have been hanging on this approval.

I am have a good job and have been with my employer for more than 4 years. I also have a property and car loan. I am concerned that the wait may be negative.

Please advise me if you or someone you know have gone through this before. Or if you have knowledge on how it works. My file had been at the Etobicoke Immigratin office for 6 years now.

Are there any steps I can take to make it quicker and positive?

Thanks,

Westendgirl

afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 7:03pm
I just called the CIC , guess what ? Nothing new that they can tell me about my case...

Rsidney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rsidney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2010 at 10:33am
Hi Afimiko,

I'm sorry to hear that is taking so long. My application is under H&C as well. I've been in Canada for 5 year. I decided to apply in 2008 my lawyer suggested two applications one under Skilled worker and "a backup plan" under H&C. I lost one year with the lawyer who couldn't care less with my case. Then I gave up the skilled worker application and did only the H&C. After a long year he put the application in April 2009. In June of 2009 my application was transfered to Etobicoke local office, in March of this year I got a call fro CIC asking for a copy of my new passport. A bunch of weird stuff happened and on March 23 I received AIP from CIC. On March 29 I got another letter asking for my original passport, pay the 490.00 fee, medical exams and police certificates. I have sent everything now I'm waiting for the interview letter. My lawyer had told me that my application would take 36 months to hear from CIC she was surprised that it didn't take that long. After I got the first letter she told me, it would take at least 12 months to hear from them again, and 6 days later I got another letter.

I think you should call them again, I don't understand why we have to wait for so long. I know it's hard but keep going and don't give up.

Sidney.

Edited by Rsidney - 05 Apr 2010 at 2:08pm
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2010 at 1:36am
If there is anybody else out there with an H& C case that is waiting to hear back from CIC ; I would like to hear it too...
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by afimiko afimiko wrote:

I called them several times...  Actually I called the Call Center because I don't have the CPC-Mississauga phone #

The agents that I spoke with all are basically saying " You are already in Canada, just sit and wait " !!!

Afi

Thats alright for them to say! They have the 'security' and piece of mind that they have the right to work and live in Canada on a permanent basis without the risk of being removed when CIC feels like it!! That just makes me mad!!
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 3:11pm
I called them several times...  Actually I called the Call Center because I don't have the CPC-Mississauga phone #

The agents that I spoke with all are basically saying " You are already in Canada, just sit and wait " !!!

Afi
britincanada View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote britincanada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 3:08pm
I agree with Redegal, I would call the CPC in Mississauga, I have heard some cases can take years, however to sit in limbo like this for 2 years already is not an ideal or comfortable situation, I would remind them that your case still exists, may be a simple explanation as to why you are waiting for so long!

I hope you get an answer soon Smile
App received by CPC-M 1/06/10
Sponsorship approved 29/06/10
In Process 15/07/2010
VISA & PP Recvd 22/09/10
LANDED 29/09/10
ELIGIBLE TO BECOME CITIZEN 4/11/2012
redeagle View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 12:36pm
I have no doubt
"Will this matter a year from now?"
Probably, this is gonna be a one hell of a long journey.
afimiko View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afimiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 12:35pm

Very difficult to sit in this kind of limbo, I tell you !

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567568569570>
  Share Topic