Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Applying for a job and getting that job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote javaldes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Applying for a job and getting that job
    Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 12:43pm
Hello to all...  Don't know if this the correct thread to post this...

First of all, let me tell you that I have applyied for Immigration to Canada and have failed on this. This was because I did not had any experience on IT Managment in 2008 (NOC 2174).  Since then I have been looking for opportunities as IT Manager and have got some opportunities as Technical Leader Since 1.5 yeaer ago in 2 companies. In both companies one of my activities is to delegate task to my team member to deliver our projects in time and dealing with our clients. So I was looking at HRSDC for the NOC list and I see that my activities can apply to NOC 0213 but not totally because I do not mange budgets, but I do meet with clients and elaborate Project Estimations.

But thinking that my experience won't apply to this NOC 0213, I'm looking fordward to another recomendation that CIC gave me. Looking for a job offer. So I would like to ask you:

- As an IT professional (.net technologies) I see there are many jobs in this area, but
    What are my opportunities? Disapprove
  - Does IT Positions as Software Developer require LMO?

Has any one had any job offer from your country? (Non-English Countries)

job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2010 at 1:05pm
If you can find an employer who's willing to hire you, the jobs listed on this link do not require LMO but you need job offer/contract.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/special-tech.asp

Originally posted by javaldes javaldes wrote:

Hello to all...  Don't know if this the correct thread to post this...

First of all, let me tell you that I have applyied for Immigration to Canada and have failed on this. This was because I did not had any experience on IT Managment in 2008 (NOC 2174).  Since then I have been looking for opportunities as IT Manager and have got some opportunities as Technical Leader Since 1.5 yeaer ago in 2 companies. In both companies one of my activities is to delegate task to my team member to deliver our projects in time and dealing with our clients. So I was looking at HRSDC for the NOC list and I see that my activities can apply to NOC 0213 but not totally because I do not mange budgets, but I do meet with clients and elaborate Project Estimations.

But thinking that my experience won't apply to this NOC 0213, I'm looking fordward to another recomendation that CIC gave me. Looking for a job offer. So I would like to ask you:

- As an IT professional (.net technologies) I see there are many jobs in this area, but

What are my opportunities? Disapprove

- Does IT Positions as Software Developer require LMO?

Has any one had any job offer from your country? (Non-English Countries)

"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic