Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

renewal of work permit for 2nd time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmontonguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: renewal of work permit for 2nd time
    Posted: 04 Dec 2009 at 2:46pm
Hi All,

I'm on work permit for canada. my work permit got expired in october and my company lawyers applied for extension of my work permit in the month of july. In september i got letter saying that it will take another 16 weeks to look at my case. today i got call from immigration and they asked me few questions after that they said they will get back to me if they have more questions. I want to know what does this mean and what are the chances of getting work permit extended.
Baljinder
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2009 at 9:08am
Originally posted by edmontonguy edmontonguy wrote:

Hi All,

I'm on work permit for canada. my work permit got expired in october and my company lawyers applied for extension of my work permit in the month of july. In september i got letter saying that it will take another 16 weeks to look at my case. today i got call from immigration and they asked me few questions after that they said they will get back to me if they have more questions. I want to know what does this mean and what are the chances of getting work permit extended.

The officers are probably really considering your application otherwise they could just turn it down. Why bother to call if they were not? Just my opinion though because we don't know how they think.
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 4:55am
Please let me know how to get the work permit.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 8:57am
Originally posted by mod mod wrote:

Hi,
You need a Labour Market Opinion (employer applies for the LMO) to attach with your application, if your job is not LMO exempt.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-worker.asp

Edited by job_seeker - 07 Dec 2009 at 8:59am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2009 at 9:42am
Originally posted by mod mod wrote:

hmmm. looks like you have been a member of the old forum much longer than i am. you should be giving the information
mod View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2009 at 1:54am
job_seeker
thank you
tim50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 12:07am
hi edmontonguy,

Have your workpermit extended ? I also go same letter for delay processing for 16 weeks? What questions they have asked ? I guess, they will ask me same kind of qustions. Appreiciate if you mail me at [email protected], wud be great.

Thanks.
edmontonguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmontonguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 1:10am
is your job LMO expempted and when did your work permit expired are you in IT
Baljinder
tim50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 10:03am
My WP expiring in dec 31, 2009. CIC recd my app on 31aug. on 13sep, i got letter from CIC for 16 weeks delay. This is my 2nd extn. In 2008, my WP approved for one yr e.g. 31/12/09. My correct mail id is [email protected]. can u please send me list of questions they have asked. IS ur WP approved ?

Thanks,
edmontonguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmontonguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2009 at 11:22am
Are you in IT field. I'm in IT field and they asked me question bout my field. You are in which field and they dont ask you much questions only 3-4 questions you have to satisfy the officer
Baljinder
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic