Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Visa / Temporary Entry Topics > Work Visa
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

renewal of work permit for 2nd time

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tim50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 12:28am
yes. m in IT field. so how log it took to approve ur application after CIC called you ?
edmontonguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edmontonguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2009 at 12:30am
once CIC took my interview they took around 1 week to make decision
Baljinder
justincc68 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justincc68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2010 at 9:03am
I think the immigration officers are considering your work visa and you should get your Visa extended. Also try to get permanent citizenship of Canada if the company in which you are working is good and you want to continue working there.
Kaycee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaycee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan 2010 at 2:22am
Since your work permit expired in October, are you still able to continue working until the decision is made? Or does it mean you can't work for a few months?

I am looking at a similar situation - only I'm the employer! The work visa will expire August 2010 and I'm trying to decide when to start the whole LMO process again so it will be approved prior to that.
PR took 5 months! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR took 5 months! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 12:51pm
the period between the expiry of work permit and until the decision has been made is known as "implied status".  This means the individual is still legal to work during this period until the decision has been finalized.  

You can risk submitting the LMO a few days prior to expiry of the work permit, or a month before expiry, depending on your circumstances.
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2010 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Kaycee Kaycee wrote:

Since your work permit expired in October, are you still able to continue working until the decision is made? Or does it mean you can't work for a few months?I am looking at a similar situation - only I'm the employer! The work visa will expire August 2010 and I'm trying to decide when to start the whole LMO process again so it will be approved prior to that.

You need 14 days to advertise for the position (job bank and another website or major daily), summarize the result of the recruitment effort and then submit application for LMO for the successful applicant (if foreign worker). LMO application takes about 6 weeks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic