Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mississauga Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 179>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wujood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 7:50pm

Just renew your nativ PP and CAN PR Card, they are the most important legal documents until you get Canadian Citizenship/PP. The way things are, I may be looking at renewing both PP/PR Card for myself soon. I hate to say this, but once an application is no longer considered routine, one should prepare for the long haul (1-2 years in addition to normal processing time, according to CIC web site).

Originally posted by sendi-mississauga sendi-mississauga wrote:

Originally posted by arshad80 arshad80 wrote:

You are better off talking to law firm and find out what's happening with your case...

I don't think it would make a difference, and I do not want to pay a lot of money for a lawyer. I am not in a hurry or anything. I made peace with it that I am waiting longer than others. I visited my family last year, I usually travel back home every 4 years or so. So I still have 3 more years that I can spend waiting for my Canadian Citizenship!Big smile
My only problem is that my other passport and PR card have expired, right now I do not have any valid travel documents. My PP just expired 3 months ago, I did not apply for new one since I thought I can apply for Canadian one soon. But now I don't know what to do.
Should I apply for a new one, or just tell them the above mentioned. I got new one for my son because he is leaving for summer vacation next week as usual, so he needed one.
What do you think?

Edited by wujood - 08 Jun 2010 at 7:51pm
Applied - Jan 2009>>AOR - Jan 2009>>Started Processing - Jul 2009>> File Trans. Miss. - Dec 2009>> FP May 2010>> Test Aug 2010>> Oath Nov 2010
m1005 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m1005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 10:52pm
Originally posted by m1005 m1005 wrote:

Of course you should apply for a new passport at your consulate, if it is possible.

There may be a problem, however, if your expired passport is going to be retained or destroyed by the consulate. In this case you need to think twice.

During the test CIC officials would like to check both the applicant's current valid passport as well as the previous passport if it expired within the last 4 years. Not having the passport renewed for a long time may result in a suspicion that the applicant is simply unwilling to show his current passport.
sendi-mississauga View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sendi-mississauga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2010 at 11:04pm

Originally posted by sendi-mississauga sendi-mississauga wrote:

My PP just expired 3 months ago, I did not apply for new one since I thought I can apply for Canadian one soon. But now I don't know what to do.
Should I apply for a new one, or just tell them the above mentioned. I got new one for my son because he is leaving for summer vacation next week as usual, so he needed one.
What do you think?

Of course you should apply for a new passport at your consulate, if it is possible. This does not hurt.

Different countries have different laws, but for many countries the only way to travel there, if you are a citizen or born there, is to have that country's valid passport. Meaning that Canadian passport cannot be used. For some countries, this even applies to children born in Canada when travelling to a country of their parents' citizenship. Are you sure this does not apply to you?

Not sure why you want to "tell them the above mentioned" since it is not supposed to be of interest for the consulate or to have any effect on renewing your passport, at least for most of countries.
I meant by .....above mentioned that I will tell the Imm. Officer on the day of my test that I did not renew my PP because I thought I will be finished with my citizenship process by the expiry of my PP. It is really not my fault that my case has been so long.
I AM CANADIAN!!!
wujood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wujood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 12:26am

Good point. However, I would still suggest to renew both the native PP and PR Card. I am sure there must be a way for the consulate to consider these circumstances and return the old passport with CANCELLED stamp on front pages. At the very least, have photocopies of old passport handy before surrendering it for a new one. This way you can tell CIC that you are really not trying to hide anything but infact you followed the standard procedure per your native country's regulations. If you have a new passport and photocopies of old passport, CIC can always trace and verify about your past records.

The renewal process of PR Card is very similar. If your PR Card has been expired, you need to submit it with your renewal application, otherwise you will have to surrender it before picking up a new one from CIC centre.

HTH.

- W.

Of course you should apply for a new passport at your consulate, if it is possible.

There may be a problem, however, if your expired passport is going to be retained or destroyed by the consulate. In this case you need to think twice.

During the test CIC officials would like to check both the applicant's current valid passport as well as the previous passport if it expired within the last 4 years. Not having the passport renewed for a long time may result in a suspicion that the applicant is simply unwilling to show his current passport.
Applied - Jan 2009>>AOR - Jan 2009>>Started Processing - Jul 2009>> File Trans. Miss. - Dec 2009>> FP May 2010>> Test Aug 2010>> Oath Nov 2010
premaman3 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote premaman3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2010 at 9:25am
the PR is an optional document needed only if you plan to travel, if not it does not matter.
received Dec 08 in process June 09 transferred Oct 09 Test through Kolbe . Oath:when the sun rises from the west
summer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 3:03pm

Hi all..

I jus thought I'll make a quick update about my hearing with the citizenship judge today-- and after submitting my RQ/ documents a couple weeks ago..
I was a little nervous (not knowing wht to expect)-- while waiting I skimmed through that book "A Look At Canada" for a little refreshment- just in case!
However, when I met the Judge and went in her office, she never asked a single thing about Canada-- so tht assured me tht I did pass the test and the interview wasn't about that!
I think the purpose was to hear from me about whatever dates I had on my applicaton and see if everything matched.
Overall, I think it went well-- it lasted about 15 mins--The judge asked about the dates when I left/ returned to Canada, about my work/ schooling done here,
also about my son's attendance in school-- my marital status.. ( basically all the things I had on the app. already)
I had with me all the originals of what I sent to them in the mail-- but all she asked to see was my ID- she also had a look  at my landing papers, my PR card, my passport--she was looking for a stamp on my passport that wasn't
there-- so I just hope, that dosen't prolong anything or be a problem.
Now I guess, I have to just wait for a letter in the mail-- then I'l know whats happening since she didn't really hint anyting to me.
Hopefully they're satisfied & I get this soon-- caz its been a loooooooooooooooooong time.

App.Received Aug 2008~ Start Processing Feb 2009~ To Miss'ga Mar 2009~ Test Nov 2009~ RQ Apr 2010 & Interview wth Judge June 2010~ Notice to appear for Oath June 2010 =)~CITIZEN OF CANADA~
premaman3 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote premaman3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 3:32pm
thanks for your information summer, did you learn anything about the reason behind all those delays in Mississauga? where you alone interviewed?or they interview many people in the same day?
received Dec 08 in process June 09 transferred Oct 09 Test through Kolbe . Oath:when the sun rises from the west
summer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2010 at 6:10pm
Sorrry, I really didnt find out about the delays in Mississauga..
While I was there though, only one other person was waiting for an interview-- for a sponsership case, not citizenship.. Outside there were alot of people lined up- waiting for the test!
App.Received Aug 2008~ Start Processing Feb 2009~ To Miss'ga Mar 2009~ Test Nov 2009~ RQ Apr 2010 & Interview wth Judge June 2010~ Notice to appear for Oath June 2010 =)~CITIZEN OF CANADA~
premaman3 View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote premaman3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 12:18pm
1140 people will take their Oath in Mississauga in July.
lostintranslation View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lostintranslation Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2010 at 4:43pm
Hi guys,
I just did my test last week and now am waiting for the oath....
Would someone share the oath time line, particularly for those who took the test in May or June?
Thanks very much.

Also my time line here:
Jan 2009 submitted
July 2009 starting processing
Dec 2010  transferred to Mississauga Office
June 2010 Test
Waiting for oath.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5253545556 179>
  Share Topic