Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canadian Employment / Jobs > Canada Job Topics
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Applying online with Canada websites

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Applying online with Canada websites
    Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 3:42am
Hi,

Is or are there website links you know that I can apply online for jobs in Canada? I'm from the Philippines and would like to possibly apply for jobs in Canada which would welcome foreign applications online as direct hire from Canadian employers. My line is advertising, graphic design and the arts.

Or is it better to immigrate as a skilled worker first and then look for a job in Canada?

Your help would be much welcome. Thanks.
Strive to be alive. :)
job_seeker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote job_seeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 10:01am
Originally posted by brian brian wrote:

Hi,

Is or are there website links you know that I can apply online for jobs in Canada? I'm from the Philippines and would like to possibly apply for jobs in Canada which would welcome foreign applications online as direct hire from Canadian employers. My line is advertising, graphic design and the arts.

Or is it better to immigrate as a skilled worker first and then look for a job in Canada?

Your help would be much welcome. Thanks.

Hi,

http://www.canadavisa.com/career_zone/canadian-immigration-job-search.htm
http://www.jobbank.gc.ca/
http://www.eluta.ca/
http://www.monster.ca/
http://www.workopolis.com/
http://www.kijiji.ca/

You have to find an employer who would apply for a Labour Market Opinion for you. You will find that not many employers will respond but do not be disheartened. That is part of the job search process.

If you are a PR, applying for a job in Canada would be a bit faster (no need for LMO) but applying for permanent residency would be the hard part. Explore the different avenues open for Permanent Residency: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

All the best.

"I shall pass this way but once. Therefore, any good that I can do or any kindness that I can show, let me do it now, for I shall not pass this way again."
brian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2010 at 11:28am
Thank you very much, I'm sure this would be much helpful. :)
Strive to be alive. :)
Rosemary123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rosemary123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2010 at 10:40pm
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/visit/visit-faq05.asp

this is quite good and informative. I found many info there.
Job Coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Job Coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2010 at 4:49pm
Another great site is:

Always try and use the advanced search features to help refine your searches.

Here are some other great links that will help with your job search:

ajgodinho View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajgodinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2010 at 7:46pm
New immigrants looking to secure jobs in Canada will find this Squidoo web page useful: Job Search Guide for New Immigrants.

Trying to get your foot into the door, being outside of Canada is always a challenge, but one effective way is to start building a professional network. One such online professional network is LinkedIn. You can learn more about it HERE.

Hope you find this useful...ask if you have any questions.

Cheers,
AJ
Job Coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Job Coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2010 at 2:48pm
LinkedIn is "the" best professional social networking site in US/Canada.  This is where you should set-up your working professional profile as both HR professionals and recruiters use this site to look for people and do quick reference checks on people.  It is quickly becoming a mandatory requirement for working professionals to have their online presence.

Learn more with this link:

ropy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ropy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 2:17pm
personally i'd be shocked if you ever got a job that way--there is alot of unemployment over here as it is--employers will not need to look overseas to fill any spots 
Job Coach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Job Coach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 7:06pm
Someone was looking for a 'secure' site to both list their credentials and to look for opportunities.  LinkedIn is one resource - but it is also the best for a professional social networking site.  There absolutely are many credible on-line job bulletin boards out there, which is not what LinkedIn claims to primarily be, but I can tell you first hand that LinkedIn has become a fast growing site for recruiters to both scan for possible candidates and then do quiet screening of candidates.   Of course not all companies will look (or invest) in bringing over a new immigrant for a position, it totally depends on the company and position.  Does it happen often, probably not, but it is still an avenue that all job seekers should investigate.  At the bare minimum you should have your professional profile posted so people can quickly see your bio.

Another site that automatically generates bio's on you is www.zoominfo.com  you can 'claim' your bio and ensure all info is accurate and also provide additional/updated information.
ajgodinho View Drop Down
Average Member
Average Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajgodinho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2010 at 9:11pm
Networking is key when looking for a job whether it is via job boards, recruitment agencies or professional online networks.

Since coming to Canada as an immigrant over a decade ago, networking is how I landed 90 percent of my jobs and moved up the corporate ladder.

Networking in this day and age is even more beneficial given that most everything is online now. So I wouldn't discount professional online networking altogether, but at the same time, I wouldn't make it my main focus and avenue to target jobs.

It's always a good idea to keep one's option open.

Happy New Year everyone! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic