Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Experienced members I need your advise

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Experienced members I need your advise
    Posted: 15 Sep 2014 at 4:34pm
Hello forum,

I am filling out the application for citizenship and having some problems with the section on providing all canadian and oversees addresses for the las 4 years, if you were residing, employed. Do I need to provide the addreses for the hotels where my husband and I stayed during the family vacation as well? For instance we stayed for 3 days in New York city, should I provide the address for that period of time. It is confusing, since they says provide the addreses where you were residing. Please anyone who have had the same situations I need your advise.
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 12:01am
You only need to provide your residence addresses. Meaning, the place where you had your stuff and which you (reasonably) considered your home.

Temporary accommodations like 2 weeks in a hotel during the vacation need not be included in your list of addresses.
gulata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 12:45pm
Thank you ski. I also contacted cic call centre and the agent told me the same thing.
gulata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 12:50pm

I got one more question. application form page 2 section 5 C. I lived at this adress.

I put the amount of days I am staying at that adress (physically present). Is it correct?
ski View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2014 at 8:10pm
Does it not clearly say "years" and "months" as a hint?

gulata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:12pm
Thank you ski.
I put the years and month(s) as well.
 What I meant is the physical presence that I stayed at this address for that amount of years and months. May be I sound stupid, but I do not get the questions regarding residing and living? My address is my basic residence for 4 years now. However I am living (physical presence) in my address less than 4 years, 3 years and 7 months.
That is what I put as an answer in my application form: 3 years and 7 months.

canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 1:58pm
I don't understand what you mean when you say that your address is your basic residence for 4 years now, yet you actually have lived there for 3 years and 7 months. Was there another place you considered home during that time?
gulata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 2:58pm
Only for 2 months after I became PR I had lived in another country as a student. After that I came to canada and stayed and  travelled only for vacations.
That is why I do not get the definition between living and residing.
canuck25 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canuck25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:04pm
If that's the case then you need to list your address outside of the US where you lived for 2 months before you came to Canada and settled in your current place, provided that's within the relevant time-period.
gulata View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gulata Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2014 at 3:20pm
Thank you canuck5.

You mean I should put the address in application form Section 6 question E: List all your Canadian and overseas addresses in the past 4 years? If so, I already did.
May be it is only me, I think this question in the application form are confusing.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic