Canada Immigration and Visa Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Canada Immigration Topics > Canadian Citizenship
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

File transferred to Mississauga Location

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ammarb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: File transferred to Mississauga Location
    Posted: 02 Sep 2014 at 11:13pm
I got a call from an officer from St Clair office after 3.5 years waiting since I submitted the RQ and after 20 mins interview she said that she would put her notes about the interview we had for the judge to decide and most likely I do not have to see him. Next day I called and I was told she put a note on file that the file is being transferred to Mississauga for residency hearing. Now I was told not to trust call center reps as they don't really know but every time I call I get different answers. Here are example of answers I received:
- File being transferred to Mississauga location and they will contact you for the next step. File still in St Clair.
- File being transferred to Mississauga location for citizenship judge hearing. File still in St Clair.
File being transferred to Mississauga location for next step but judge hearing is not confirmed or required yet.
-  Notes for interview has been attached to your file and it says hearing is not required. Used to be required. But not anymore. Just wait for next step.
- You are in queue for judge hearing. 
- File still in St Clair we are not sure what next step. It could take couple of months transferring it to Mississauga.

One thing is clear that the officer I had the interview with put a not saying the file going to Mississauga for residency hearing. I do not know if that really means I have to see the judge or the judge has to see the file and her notes then decide without seeing me. Its really confusing. I don't know what to do. I have been waiting since Feb 2011. I did the test and got the RQ same day in June 2011. Submitted all documents by July same year.

Does anyone know what most likely will be the outcome of this note and answers? How long for the file to get to Mississauga location?

dpenabill View Drop Down
Top Member
Top Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dpenabill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 2:34am

Originally posted by ammarb ammarb wrote:

I got a call from an officer from St Clair office after 3.5 years waiting since I submitted the RQ and after 20 mins interview she said that she would put her notes about the interview we had for the judge to decide and most likely I do not have to see him. Next day I called and I was told she put a note on file that the file is being transferred to Mississauga for residency hearing. Now I was told not to trust call center reps as they don't really know but every time I call I get different answers. Here are example of answers I received:
- File being transferred to Mississauga location and they will contact you for the next step. File still in St Clair.
- File being transferred to Mississauga location for citizenship judge hearing. File still in St Clair.
- File being transferred to Mississauga location for next step but judge hearing is not confirmed or required yet.
- Notes for interview has been attached to your file and it says hearing is not required. Used to be required. But not anymore. Just wait for next step.
- You are in queue for judge hearing.
- File still in St Clair we are not sure what next step. It could take couple of months transferring it to Mississauga.

One thing is clear that the officer I had the interview with put a not saying the file going to Mississauga for residency hearing. I do not know if that really means I have to see the judge or the judge has to see the file and her notes then decide without seeing me. Its really confusing. I don't know what to do. I have been waiting since Feb 2011. I did the test and got the RQ same day in June 2011. Submitted all documents by July same year.

Does anyone know what most likely will be the outcome of this note and answers? How long for the file to get to Mississauga location?

The effort to micro-analyze the status of an application in process can tend to be a nightmarish descent into a Kafkaesque maze of what-ifs and maybe-this-or-that-or-that-and-this, with no real path to enlightenment beyond waiting until the next step actually happens. It is an effort that can undermine even the most stable person's mental health.

I and others have identified not just the probable prospects, but the virtually certain ones, and it is relatively simple, but open to going one way or the other: either the Citizenship Officer who reviews the application approves it (may have already been done) or does not.
-- If the Citizenship Officer approves (or has already approved), you will be scheduled for the oath, probably in the coming weeks or months, within five or six months most likely. No way to know more precisely than that how long it will be.
-- If the Citizenship Officer does not approve the application, the application will be prepared for a referral to a Citizenship Judge, probably for a hearing with a Citizenship Judge, probably with what is equivalent to an adversarial argument (by CIC) against granting citizenship.

Thus, in the next few weeks or months, you will either get a notice to appear for the oath, or your file is headed to the Citizenship Judge. The latter could be longer, but maybe not a lot longer. Or, perhaps, many more months.

There is no way to guess the timeline any more precise than that.

There is no way to say which way the Citizenship Officer will decide for sure, except you know your case, you know what you submitted in response to RQ, so YOU should have a fairly good idea how this is likely to go, whether a Citizenship Officer taking a close look at you, your history, your information, your documentation submitted in support, will be more or less likely to be satisfied you have proven your qualifications, residency in particular.

You can learn a lot more about what the ultimate decision, by the citizenship officer, will most likely be, by closely examining yourself, your application, your submission in response to RQ, than you will learn from an ATIP request or a CIC call centre representative (the latter, quite frankly, will now very little).   

Bureaucracy is what bureaucracy does, or When in doubt, follow the instructions. Otherwise, follow the instructions.

BTW: Not an expert, not a Can. lawyer, never worked in immigration
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic